VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So here is the issue that I am having. I have a DVD+R's sent in to me by my client. Before I was able to go into quicktime pro open the .vob file and click on save as self containted movie file to a spot on the hard drive. I then was able to import that into Final Cut Pro and able to begin editting without having to do any rendering what so-ever.

All of a sudden this does not work anymore and I am pulling my hair out. When I save a .mov file from a dvd+r it will open with no problem in quicktime and I can hear the sound but when I import it into final cut pro it does not carry the sound in. Also I have to render anything that I cut into the video where I never had to do this before.

I had one person suggest handbrake and that did not help either. How is this all of a sudden not working and what do I need to do so that a client can send me a DVD and I can easily export it into Final Cut Pro.

I am running a mac powerbook g4. Please help or tell me what I need to do, you can only imagine how this is really making me lose it. Thank you everyone!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    rip DVD+R with MTR,
    Open VOB in MpegStreamclip
    Save as Quicktime file,
    open QT file in FCP HD.
    "Everyone has to learn, so that they can one day teach."
    ------------------------------------------------------
    When I'm not here, Where can I be found?
    Urban Mac User
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes! Thank You! I can't believe that it worked! You guys are great! I still have to render which I didn't before but at least the sound and video are together.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    u r welcome!

happy new year!
    "Everyone has to learn, so that they can one day teach."
    ------------------------------------------------------
    When I'm not here, Where can I be found?
    Urban Mac User
    Quote Quote