VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm tryng to convert a downloaded divx whch plays excellent on my pc but as soon as i click start on TMPGEnc it shows the following message error:"an error occured when audio is decoded" Is there anyway i can solve this audio problem? If Iignore the error and go forth encoding the vcd turns out without audio!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi...

you must extract the audio with virtualdub...
    the filesize can be really big... but once you start to encode it with tmpgenc, it will reduce a little bit..

when this is done you start TMPGenc again and load the avi file, and the .wav file..... SEPERATLY!!!!
    than do it again.....
    as long as my boss thinks i make a lot of money, i will pretend to work hard ;)
    Quote Quote  
  3. It works!!!!! thanks a lot Toolman!!! I chose direct audio stream for the audio in virtualdub and the WAV fle came out less than 100MB! I thought much worst!!

ciao
    Luca
    Quote Quote  
  4. you're welcom....
    as long as my boss thinks i make a lot of money, i will pretend to work hard ;)
    Quote Quote  
  5. I can't seem to load any file without getting the dreaded "an error occurred when audio is decoded. I used virtaul dub and created a .wav file but it is out of sync with the video. Please help.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I found my own fix. This multiplex business was very complicated. So, I found another little program called avi2vcd. It comes with a decompression program which I used. It creates a whole new file with the video. I then went back to TMPGEnc and began to encode it to MPEG. I just tested it and the audio is now in sync with the video.
    Quote Quote