VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am having synch problems as well. I post in here instead of making my own thread!

The audio is off. As they are speaking the mounth are moving and the words are after so I guess it's too late where as this thread was talking about it as it's too early. Do I change to Preload default of 500 to 0? Also, what do I set for the ms in interleaving? Is there any such freeware tool that can Mux audio with video and won't give out of synch? I tried AVI Mux but it gave synch problems as well.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Do I change to Preload default of 500 to 0?
    No, you change the audio skew to fix out of synch audio. If the audio comes after the lips move, then you set a negative delay. If the audio is MP3, leave both Preload and Interleaving alone.
    Is there any such freeware tool that can Mux audio with video and won't give out of synch?
    All of them can. They don't make it out of synch. They were out of synch to begin with, or something you did made it out of synch.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    Do I change to Preload default of 500 to 0?
    No, you change the audio skew to fix out of synch audio. If the audio comes after the lips move, then you set a negative delay. If the audio is MP3, leave both Preload and Interleaving alone.
    Is there any such freeware tool that can Mux audio with video and won't give out of synch?
    All of them can. They don't make it out of synch. They were out of synch to begin with, or something you did made it out of synch.
    It is CBR MP3 so I leave it alone. I already done that. Now it is still out of synch.
    Quote Quote  
  4. So, fix it. You have 2 threads going about the same thing and I have no interest in participating in either of them.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    So, fix it. You have 2 threads going about the same thing and I have no interest in participating in either of them.
    1.) I am trying to fix it.

2.) I only wanted one thread.

3.) In my other thread I didn't think I was going to think about synch there so I made a post here.

4.) If they want to talk about it in my other thread then fine. If not then they can post here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Double-posting is against forums rules. Go back to your original post and add more information.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I have this same problem, audio is out of sync with video, audio is slightly faster.
    This happens with the compressed version. Its a .mov file.

So I tried to rip it from the DVD and I can get an .avi or an .mp4...with the ripper program I am using, and they both work perfect and are in perfect sync....however..
    If I use these files, they are too big and it takes forever for them to load on the webpage.
    What should I do here?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So you can rip the files without any problems to avi or mp4, but they are too big ?

Why not rip them with a lower bitrate, so the files are smaller ?

How are you getting the mov file with the sync issues ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm having a problem with audio/video sync as well. I've tried every way I know how to fix it, but to no avail. It starts off fine, but by the end of the movie, it's several seconds out of sync. I checked the file in MediaInfo, and the audio and video streams are the same length. So basically, I've no clue what to do anymore.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The file was always like this, or only after you converted it some how ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm thinking the video in question was like this when I got it. I converted it to DVD as-is and got sync problems. I did my typical VirtualDub fix, same problem. I think I'm finally just at a loss as to what on Earth to do.

I need to know what info I'd need to post in order to possibly get a solution and how to get said info. Any help is appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I get the impression you do not have the original file, which will certainly make it more work to fix. If you do have the original file then there are a few things we need to check before proceeding.

Can you confirm if you still have the original ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the original file I downloaded, yes. Not the DVD it was sourced from, but I do have the original DivX.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Post a g-spot of the file to start with.

Does this file exhibit the sync problem ?

If so, does the audio race the video over time, or lag it ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's been about a week since I last tried, but I believe the audio races ahead of the video and that it's part of the file itself.

GSpot Info:
    Name...................: Ariels Beginning.avi
    Filesize................: 701 MB (or 718,248 KB or 735,485,952 bytes)
    Runtime...............: 01:17:33 (111,555 fr)
    Video Codec.......: DivX 5.0
    Video Bitrate.......: 1098 kb/s
    Frame Size..........: 704x384 (1.83:1) [=11:6]
    Audio Codec.......: 0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3
    Audio Bitrate.......: 160 kb/s (80/ch, stereo) CBR
    Audio Frequency: 48000 Hz

MediaInfo Info (Just in case):
    General
    Complete name : Ariels Beginning.avi
    Format : AVI
    Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
    File size : 701 MiB
    Duration : 1h 17mn
    Overall bit rate : 1 265 Kbps
    Writing application : VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.1 (build 2366/release)
    Writing library : VirtualDubMod build 2366/release

Video
    Format : MPEG-4 Visual
    Format profile : Streaming Video@L1
    Format settings, BVOP : Yes
    Format settings, QPel : No
    Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
    Format settings, Matrix : Default
    Codec ID : DX50
    Codec ID/Hint : DivX 5
    Bit rate : 1 095 Kbps
    Width : 704 pixels
    Height : 384 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16/9
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Resolution : 24 bits
    Colorimetry : 4:2:0
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.169
    Stream size : 608 MiB (87%)
    Writing library : XviD 1.0.3 (UTC 2004-12-20)

Audio
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format version : Version 1
    Format profile : Layer 3
    Codec ID : 55
    Codec ID/Hint : MP3
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 160 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Resolution : 16 bits
    Video delay : 1s 368ms
    Stream size : 88.7 MiB (13%)
    Alignment : Aligned on interleaves
    Interleave, duration : 42 ms (1.00 video frame)
    Interleave, preload duration : 504 ms
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've made a 4-minute video with my Canon G9 camera. When I play it back on my Lenovo T61 the sound begins to lag at the beginning until it's about 3 seconds out at the end.
    I transferred the video to a flash drive and it plays fine on a friend's Mac.
    Another friend who watched it with us advised me by e-mail "...“…i would use a more efficient codec to re-encode the video so it will run efficiently even on older/ slower machines (keep in mind data transfer when running from a CD is s..l..o..w)”
    Can anyone walk me through this? My friend is suggesting using Quicktime Pro but I'm on this IBM with XP SP2. Reading gunsl1nger's advice above, I don't even know how to "open the video in MP3".
    Eric B.
    Canoga Park California
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    First you need to know what you have. The most likely cause of your playback problem is simply not having the right cocdecs installed, and without them you won't be able to re-encode correctly anyway. If you do have to re-encode, there are far better solutions that Quicktime Pro (a typically Mac type answer). Try using MediaInfo on the file to find out what it really is. Many use mjpeg inside an MOV container. If yours is doing the same, make sure you have an up-to-date version of quicktime (you don't need pro) installed.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay I've got it in Mediainfo.
    It's a M-JPEG.
    Assuming we want info about sound:

"First audio stream
    705.6 Kbps, 44.1 KHz, 1 channel PCM (Microsoft) (Little/Unsigned)"
    Eric B.
    Canoga Park California
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What software are you using to play this back ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Windows Media Player. Sez here it's part of Windows XP.

Thanks a lot for all your time and expertise.
    Eric B.
    Canoga Park California
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would start by installing the latest FFDShow, and setting to decode mjpeg during installation (if not, it can be done afterwards) and seeing if it makes a difference.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Which of these do I want?

Download [ FFDShow MPEG-4 Video Decoder 2008-08-30 ]

Download [ FFDShow MPEG-4 Video Decoder 2008-08-30 - Mirror ]

Download [ FFDShow MPEG-4 Video Decoder 2008-09-08 MMX ]

Download [ FFDShow MPEG-4 Video Decoder 2008-09-08 MMX - Mirror ]

Download [ FFDShow MPEG-4 Video Decoder 2008-09-03 SSE ]

Download [ FFDShow MPEG-4 Video Decoder 2008-09-03 SSE - Mirror ]
    Eric B.
    Canoga Park California
    Quote Quote  
  23. The first one. Enable mjpeg in the ffdshow video configuration from "disabled" to "libavcodec"

Another option is to use VLC, Mplayer or KMPlayer for playback which all have internal decoders/splitters and don't rely on externally installed ones.

Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is a very informative thread. Thanks for the insight. I can't stand when avi files are botched.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a problem not yet covered. I download documentaries from MVGroup .org. I convert them from PAL to NTSC in Tmpgenc 4.0 Xprss, then adjust the audio volume in Adobe Audition 2.0, author in DivX Ultra in Tmpgenc DVD Author 3. In the odd file, not very often, the sound is out of synch. The latest is Shakelton. It seems to be out in Adobe Audition and even more in Tmpgenc DVD Author 3. I am clueless in this.
    1. Are there better programs to use.
    2. Does anybody have any ideas what is happening and how to solve the problem.
    3 As my wife says, Am I really crazy?
    Thanks, unless the answer to 3 is "Yes."
    Quote Quote  
  26. Not enough information. Is the out-of-synch constant (the same all the way through the video) or is it progressive (gets worse the farther into the video you go)? One is easy to fix, the other perhaps a by-product of the PAL2NTSC conversion.

And I'm a bit confused as to the final format. Is it DivX or is it DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The out of synch seems to be constant. The final format is DivX Ultra essentialy an AVI file.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, I left out some info which may be needed. When I view the files in MPC or even Windows media play, the files are IN synch.
    Quote Quote  
  29. When you view which files? The original downloaded files, or the converted final files? If the final converted files, where are they not in-synch? Why would you care about them not being in-synch in Adobe or in TMPGEnc, if the final AVI is OK? Anyway, to fix a constant out-of-synch problem, here's one way (originally described by guns1inger at the beginning of this thread):

Open the AVI in Media Player Classic. Right-click the screen and go Options->Internal Filters->Audio Switcher and make sure the "Enable built-in audio switcher filter" box is checked. You'll only have to do this once. If doing it for the first time, then hit "OK", close MPC and reopen it. Play the AVI in it and use the + or - buttons on the right side of your keyboard to add in a positive or negative delay. A negative delay causes the audio to play earlier. 1000ms=1 second. If you have trouble synching to lips moving, try and find a sharp noise like a door slamming or a gunshot and synch to that. It shows the amount of delay applied in the bottom left of the player. Once you get it the way you like, remember that figure and close MPC.

Now open the AVI in VDubMod, clicking "No" to any messages about VBR audio. Set Video->Direct Stream Copy. Go Streams->Stream List->Right-click the audio stream->Interleaving->Audio Skew Correction->Delay Audio Track By, and fill in the correct amount. "OK" back to the main screen and File->Save As, give it a different name, wait a minute or so and test it out.

Since you're doing some kind of work using TMPGEnc something-or-other, maybe it has the ability to set delays. I wouldn't know.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For some reason when I open my avi file into MPEG Streamclip there is absolutely no sound. How can I fix this? I want to be able to convert videos to play on my ipod.
    Quote Quote