VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    With AutoGK can you easily add permanent / embedded / hard coded / burned in subtitles into a video file and convert it to AVI DivX or XviD. AutoGK supports AVI, MPG, DVD, TS input video files and srt, ssa, sub, vobsub idx/sub subtitle formats.

Tools
    AutoGK. Download and install the latest stable version and then the latest beta update.

Guide
    Select the Input File
    Press CTRL-F8 on your keyboard to bring up the subtitle load
    Select the External subs (If you don't have the subs in correct format or if you would like to write the subs use Subtitle Workshop)
    Set the Output file
    Set the Output size
    Click Advanced Options to change between XviD Codec or DivX Codec
    Click Add Job
    Click Start!
    AutoGK will now run some tools in the background like VirtualdubMOD. Don't close it. Wait until it's done.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Edit : sorry just read well
    Quote Quote  
  3. After you open the video file in AutoGK:

Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Did you
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the tip did not know of the key combination
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there,

I have followed instructions to the dot, but without success.

Input File: .AVI
    External Subs: .SRT
    Output Size: 300 MB

In Advanced Settings I have tried Xvid and DivX Codec

All I get as Output file is: a small AVI file (1.8MB) without video and without audio.

Any help?

Many thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That's the test file it creates to judge the bitrate settings. There should be a log?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks kschang,

Yes I got LOG file (2kb) what about it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    NVM...weird that you can force external subs, but not choose it in the options without winrar installed.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by a$h
    Hi there,

I have followed instructions to the dot, but without success.

Input File: .AVI
    External Subs: .SRT
    Output Size: 300 MB

In Advanced Settings I have tried Xvid and DivX Codec

All I get as Output file is: a small AVI file (1.8MB) without video and without audio.

Any help?

Many thanks.
    I got the same problem as him, I followed every step and I got two files [a text document and a blank folder] instead of the video I was expecting. Anyone know what I did wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by a$h
    Thanks kschang,

Yes I got LOG file (2kb) what about it?
    Well, show us the Log file, unless there's something in there that can't be made public...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kschang
    Well, show us the Log file, unless there's something in there that can't be made public...
    Code:
    [12/27/2006 4:52:37 PM] AutoGK 2.40
    [12/27/2006 4:52:37 PM] OS: WinXP (5.1.2600).2
    [12/27/2006 4:52:37 PM] Job started.
    [12/27/2006 4:52:37 PM] Input file: C:\Documents and Settings\Sheremeti\Desktop\Prison Break\[tmd]prison.break.s01e01.(lol).tvrip.(1of1).avi
    [12/27/2006 4:52:37 PM] Input codec: S-Mpeg 4 v3
    [12/27/2006 4:52:37 PM] Source duration: 42mn 48s 766ms
    [12/27/2006 4:52:37 PM] Output file: C:\Documents and 01\[tmd]prison.break.s01e01.(lol).tvrip.(1of1)_agk.avi
    [12/27/2006 4:52:37 PM] Output codec: DivX
    [12/27/2006 4:52:37 PM] Audio 1: 56 Kbps MPEG-2 Audio layer 3 2ch
    [12/27/2006 4:52:37 PM] Subtitles: from external file: C:\Documents and Settings\Sheremeti\Desktop\Prison Break\Prison+Break+-+The+Complete+First+Season.srt
    [12/27/2006 4:52:37 PM] Format: AVI
    [12/27/2006 4:52:37 PM] Target size: 300Mb
    [12/27/2006 4:52:37 PM] Audio 1 settings: Auto
    [12/27/2006 4:52:37 PM] Started encoding.
    [12/27/2006 4:52:37 PM] Source resolution: 352x240
    [12/27/2006 4:52:37 PM] Source fps: 14.985
    [12/27/2006 4:52:37 PM] Analyzing source.
    [12/27/2006 5:00:03 PM] Source has percentage of interlacing in motion areas: 0.00
    [12/27/2006 5:00:03 PM] Source has percentage of telecined patterns: 0.00
    [12/27/2006 5:00:03 PM] Source has percentage of progressive patterns: 100.00
    [12/27/2006 5:00:03 PM] Source has percentage of interlaced patterns: 0.00
    [12/27/2006 5:00:03 PM] Source is considered to be progressive.
    [12/27/2006 5:00:03 PM] Output will contain 38493 frames
    [12/27/2006 5:00:03 PM] Demuxing audio.
    EXCEPTION: Unsupported audio type.
    [12/27/2006 5:00:03 PM] Job finished. Total time: 7 minutes 26 seconds
    thanks

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning. Buy prison break on dvd instead.
    / Moderator Baldrick
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I found the problem, in my audio file its in .ogm format. Now I just need to know how to convert the audio. Is there any lessons on how to do that?

Also; How long does the whole conversion take, a day?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by O_O
    I found the problem, in my audio file its in .ogm format. Now I just need to know how to convert the audio. Is there any lessons on how to do that?
    O_O, which audio file? Why for do you need them?

I have .avi file (video + audio) I just need to add subtitle to it... ?! Any idea?
    Quote Quote  
  15. I have .avi file (video + audio) I just need to add subtitle to it... ?! Any idea?
    12/27/2006 4:52:37 PM] Audio 1: 56 Kbps MPEG-2 Audio layer 3 2ch
    Evidently AutoGK doesn't support MP3 audio at such a low bitrate. Strip the audio from the AVI and feed an audioless AVI to AutoGK. Then remux the audio when done. Either that or reencode the audio to a higher bitrate and try again.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a different kind of problem. After this subtitle encoding is completed, audio and video aren't synced in output file. Audio is maybe 10 or 15sec behind the video. And this gap is the same all the time, it's not getting bigger towards the end of the movie. What could be the problem?
    Quote Quote  
  17. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Are you using LATEST version? some earlier versions had problem with mp3 vbr audio.

Or replace the new audio with the old audio using VirtualDubMOD, open the old video and demux the old audio track under Streams->Stream list. Then open the new video, streams->stream list and delete the new audio and add the old audio. Select Video->Direct Stream Copy and last save as a new avi.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    I have .avi file (video + audio) I just need to add subtitle to it... ?! Any idea?
    12/27/2006 4:52:37 PM] Audio 1: 56 Kbps MPEG-2 Audio layer 3 2ch
    Evidently AutoGK doesn't support MP3 audio at such a low bitrate. Strip the audio from the AVI and feed an audioless AVI to AutoGK. Then remux the audio when done. Either that or reencode the audio to a higher bitrate and try again.
    Thanks Manono.

I have a movie in .AVI format and I wanted to add subtitles to it
    I dont have a seperate audio file...

Regards
    Quote Quote  
  19. I dont have a seperate audio file...

??? You do if you separate the audio from the video, as I said in my last post. First save the audio. Then save the video without the audio. Then feed the audioless video to AutoGK and encode it, leaving enough room for the audio and overhead (overhead = 2-3 MB). When the video is finished encoding, mux the audio back in. If you don't know how to perform these basic VDubMod procedures, then look around for a guide or earlier posts explaining it.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I successfully added subtitles but they are too small to read. Is it possible to add bigger subtitles?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How long does it take to add subtitle to an 700 mb avi file? AutoGK has been running now for 8 hours and still there is 30% left ... :/
    Quote Quote  
  22. I successfully added subtitles but they are too small to read. Is it possible to add bigger subtitles?

Yes, convert the subs to SSA format (I use SubResynch that comes with VobSub). Then in the header, raise the boldfaced number to whatever you like:
    Format: Name, Fontname, Fontsize, PrimaryColour, SecondaryColour, TertiaryColour, BackColour, Bold, Italic, BorderStyle, Outline, Shadow, Alignment, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, AlphaLevel, Encoding
    Style: Default,Tahoma,70,11468799,65535,65535,-2147483640,0,0,1,2,0,2,30,30,25,0,0
    I find that 70 is about right. I'm not positive about this, but I think you can run the Preview and get an idea of the size of the subs.

How long does it take to add subtitle to an 700 mb avi file? AutoGK has been running now for 8 hours and still there is 30% left ...

The entire video has to be reencoded (and I suspect you're using the default 2-pass Mode). While 10 hours or so does seem like a long time, it's entirely dependent on the resolution used, the length of the movie, and your computer specs.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello again!

It took 19 hours total to put a subtitle to this 700mb avi file, guess my computer isnt handling this very well. But the outcome is perfect, sound, video very good quality and yes manono, i was using two pass mode.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Can it support mp4 video file
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by peko
    ... After this subtitle encoding is completed, audio and video aren't synced in output file. Audio is maybe 10 or 15sec behind the video.
    I just got the same problem. I merged a 348Mb .avi with a 61Kb .srt. Sound comes before video.

Does the Output size has to do anything with it? BTW, what is the suggested output file size I should use for the above?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, I solved it. Here's how:
    I unistalled AutoGK and also Avisynth (2.5.6).

I downloaded and installed Avisynth 2.5.7 (www.codecs.com) and reinstalled AutoGK without the Avisynth option.

Then I downloaded the lastest VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.2_b2542_2 and replaced VirtualDubMod.exe and VirtualDubMod.vdi under \Program Files\AutoGK\VDubMod.

I run again AutoGK and subtitle merge did not affect sound/video sync.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey everybody,

I got a little problem. I got an avi file ripped from DVD (res 720X480, 29.97 fps, audio 128Kbps mp3), and a srt file from online (25 fps). I've tried VirtualDub, AutoGK, and Vobsub submux to add the subtitle. The result is the same. The dub always comes out lagging behind the real audio at random rates. Was this because I have DirectVobsub running when I play the file or something else? Thanks a lot for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  28. You said the DVD source is NTSC and the subtitle source is PAL (25fps). So the subs won't be in synch unless you slow them down to the NTSC framerate (23.976fps).
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I found this to be a very helpful post. however, i must point out that i am using Auto GK v.2.4. you need to press F8, then Ctrl in order to access the option discussed. I never would have figured it out without that hint, though. thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  30. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Fluffykins112
    you need to press F8, then Ctrl in order to access the option discussed
    No, the order doesn't matter and yes I have tested latest version. You must have some other strange problem...
    Quote Quote