VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Hi-
    Originally Posted by matthewn4444
    I'm new to this, but I got past most of this. Thanks for the help. I have one question, is it possible to change the outline colour of the subs and take of the shadow?
    Depends on the sub format. If IDX/SUB, then VobSub Configure can do it. Well, it can change the outline color. I don't think it can remove a shadow (I could be wrong). If SSA, then open them in SubStation Alpha and set up a style for color, outline, size, position, etc. If SRT, not directly, but convert to SSA (SubResynch - included in the VobSub package) and follow what I said before.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It works, but for some reason the video goes out of order and it's like playing the video in fastforward
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sometimes it does that, I found that if you reconvert it (like the divx converter) it would be in tact.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi im trying to convert a xvid movie to a divx movie so that it can play on my ps3. i have tested already that divx movies work on it but xvid does not. so i downloaded autogk and it gave me an error saying my audio was unsupported. i been reading in here about avi-mux. i have extracted the audio but when trying to just get the video the sound is still there. any way to just get the video? thanks my email is npirocchi@hotmail.com if you would like to get a hold of me that way.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi-

No one wants to e-mail you.
    any way to just get the video?
    Disable the audio before Direct Streaming just the video using Vdub or VDubMod. You can surely do the same thing in AVI-Mux GUI, but as I don't use it I wouldn't know how.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have an error after using a .sub file as the subs. The error says that it can't be openned by AviSynth, I used MaesroSBT to get the .sub file.
    Quote Quote  
  7. AutoGK doesn't accept that kind of SUB file. Use the original SSA file you opened in MaestroSBT.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I cant get styled subtitles to work. I have the same problem was when I try to burn them to DVD format where it displays all the scripting on-screen. Anyone know a way to fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Convert them to SSA format (SubResynch, included in the VobSub package). AutoGK accepts SSA, and SSA subs can be converted to whatever your DVD authoring program accepts.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Subresync cant open the srt file. No error message or anything, it just cant open it.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Then there's something very wrong with your SRT file; corrupt or wrong format or something. Are you downloading these SRTs, or creating them yourself, or what? If it's a fairly common movie, you can most likely find another SRT of that same movie from a subtitle site.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    They're styled subs from an anime. I ripped them out of an mkv. When fansub groups release a series most of them include both styled and unstyled subtitles. But recently some of the groups have stopped releasing unstyled subs so I cant burn these series to DVD format. And I dont think subs will be easy to find for this series, its kind of rare.

Heres a clip from the srt file. As you can see they're text subtitles with comments that make the subs display in different colors, fonts and placement on the screen. When burned to DVD all the comments display on screen as text. I dont think its possable to burn the styled softsubs to DVD format, but I would like to be able to hardcode the subs into the video so they'll display properly on screen.

00:00:57,220 --> 00:01:05,560
    9,,Style5,Comment,0000,0000,0000,,And find myself listening closely\nfor the radiance of the stars

00:01:05,560 --> 00:01:14,940
    10,,Style5,Comment,0000,0000,0000,,I'll keep running, even barefooted,\nbecause I can't give this up

00:01:14,940 --> 00:01:20,740
    11,,Style5,Comment,0000,0000,0000,,And like the moon\nin the blue sky,

00:01:20,740 --> 00:01:29,170
    12,,Style5,Comment,0000,0000,0000,,I want to embrace my transience\nand reach out my hand

00:01:34,130 --> 00:01:39,040
    13,,Style8,Comment,0000,0000,0000,,{\c&H0&\pos(147 ,86)}The world---

00:01:36,680 --> 00:01:39,040
    14,,Style8,Comment,0000,0000,0000,,{\c&H0&\pos(215 ,163)}is not beautiful.

00:01:42,270 --> 00:01:46,000
    15,,Style9,Comment,0000,0000,0000,,{\pos(140,35)}P rologue

00:01:43,270 --> 00:01:46,000
    16,,Style10,Comment,0000,0000,0000,,{\pos(263,87)} In the Middle of the Desert · a

00:02:30,040 --> 00:02:33,310
    17,,Style2,Comment,0000,0000,0000,,It's impossible to start\na journey like this.

00:02:33,310 --> 00:02:35,380
    18,,Style2,Comment,0000,0000,0000,,If we leave now,\nwe can still make it,

I would like to add that if someone knows a way to convert these to plain text subs, besides manually going through every srt file line by line and changing it, I'd gladly settle for that :P
    Quote Quote  
  13. As you know, that's not a standard SRT file. The styled ones I've seen have a separate .style file along with them, and all the style commands are in that. As you also probably know, a standard SRT looks like this:

00:00:30,857 --> 00:00:33,985
    - The Thakur... ?
    - Welcome, sir. This way...

00:04:18,551 --> 00:04:22,385
    l knew it the moment l received
    your letter, Thakur...

00:04:22,822 --> 00:04:23,948
    ... that you wished to meet me.

00:04:24,457 --> 00:04:25,253
    l took the first available train.

00:04:26,359 --> 00:04:29,817
    l'm putting you to
    some trouble, jailer.

00:04:30,129 --> 00:04:32,529
    Not at all, sir. Just name it...
    whatever it be.
    But I don't know what programs, if any, can open yours for editing or encoding. Maybe someone else knows what to do with them. Sorry.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the help anyway. I'll keep working on it and post here if I figure anything out.

I know that there has to be some way to hardcode styled subtitles, because the fansub groups have been doing it for years. I just have no idea what tools they use to do it.

But if I still cant get that to work then one idea I had was to use some kind of text editor that can handle 'find all' and 'replace all' commands (If anybody knows of one please let me know) So I could just open the srt with that and have it find and remove the styling for me. I tried doing it manually, took 40 minutes for one episode. Wont be trying that again.

Having it display as unstyled isnt the ideal solution for me, in a couple places they get really messed up becasue there will be several words on-screen at once and in the styled version they are neatly translated. After converting to unstyled the words just jumble up at the bottom of the screen. But at least its watchable. As it is now the subtitles are basically unusable with DVD players.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    THANKS! That plus the fact that I just discovered that mkvextract can extract the subtitles in ssa format solved it! Huge Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Just want to say thanks for the tip of AutoGK. It's great and the log files are also very interesting. This one is compressing!

Mo
    Quote Quote  
  17. Problem with decompressed .avi files.

Computer shuts down when opening an uncompressed .avi video - not just after conversion from .flv to .avi - at that time there's no problem opening the video. Only when the .avi has been used to be encoded by AGK. And again, it's not the .avi video compressed by AGK that's a problem, but the first decompressed version of the .avi instead. Then suddenly explorer.exe shows an error and shuts the computer down. This is not the case before AGK has used the same .avi for encoding. Am I clear?

I tried to change the settings of IE. I run IE7. I also even tried DEP settings and make an exception for iexplorer.exe - no way.

What could it be? It's not that important as I delete this uncompressed .avi from the machine anyhow when I'm done with subtitling. But it is an annoyance because I've got to delete the entire file including the 'problematic' .avi and make another empty conversion file every time I've converted a video into this format.

Mo
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stopthemind
    Am I clear?
    No, frankly I can't even begin to guess what you're on about. But then again, it could be just me...

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am having an issue with audio sync. I have followed this tutorial to the T.

I have 2 avi files part 1 and part 2 of said movie.

I have idx and sub files for both parts of said movie.

Like I said I followed the post completely using the idx files. I set up job 1 for part 1 of the movie, then set up part 2 of the movie.

Part 2 came out great and has embeded subs and no audio sync issues. However part 1, after 5 attempts still has a 2-3 second audio sync issue. The sound file embeded into the avi is AC3 but does not start sound until 13 seconds into the original file, yet on the newly encoded subs version it starts a couple of seconds earlier.

Is there something I can do to fix this as watching a movie with audio sync issues is something I am not willing to do?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Hi-
    Is there something I can do to fix this as watching a movie with audio sync issues is something I am not willing to do?
    This problem is no fault of the guide, which is about embedding the subs into the movie. Your audio synch issue would have happened anyway, when reencoding. Assuming the audio is off by the same amount all the way through (a constant asynch), then all you have to do is to find and adjust the delay. There was probably a delay in the original AVI which AutoGK didn't know about. Here's one way to fix it:

Open the finished and out-of-synch AVI in Media Player Classic. Right-click the screen and go Options->Filter->Audio Switcher->check the "audio time shift" box, and fill in an estimate of the amount of asynch. Hit "Apply" and test it out. Negative values are to make the audio play earlier. 1000 ms= 1 second. Resume playback. Adjust until you get it right. At that point you'll know how much the audio is out of synch and how much to set the delay in VDubMod. Open the AVI in VDubMod, set the Video for Direct Stream Copy, go Streams->Stream List->Right-click the audio->Interleaving->Audio Skew Correction, and set the same delay as you found using MPC. OK your way out of there, go File->Save As, give it a new name, wait a minute or 2, and test it out.

When all done, either uncheck the box or set the audio time shift back to 0 in MPC.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have this new problem, whenever i press "start" and the virtualdubmod runs, a new window appears and says that virtualdubmod has crashed and it says that there is a breakthrough error in "neVo"..

It happens all the time and I already uninstalled and re-installed it.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've (finally) gotten some subtitles to show in an avi file. One of the files did a strange thing where it seemed to have overlapping subtitles. If I click disable subtitles during playback, then one of them goes away and it looks good.

Then I wanted to experiment with just one chapter of the same file to see if I could figure it out (using shorter file). But for the life of me I can't get subtitles to appear on this chapter.

So I have two questions: How did I manage to get two overlapping subtitles playing and will autogk produce subtitles on just one chapter?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hi-
    How did I manage to get two overlapping subtitles playing
    They were being played twice, once through DirectVobSub (the little green arrow in the system tray) and again by the subtitle renderer of your player.
    will autogk produce subtitles on just one chapter?
    Perhaps not. You might check the timestamps in the IDX file. Often when getting just a chapter, when you encode the chapter naturally the AVI begins at time zero. But the subs may have the timestamps from their original place in the movie. So, they're in there, but after the chapter AVI finishes, if that makes any sense. If you were to use the first chapter as a test (and assuming it has subs, and not just the subless opening credits), then it should produce subs for you. Or take the IDX and resynch the subs.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    Hi-
    How did I manage to get two overlapping subtitles playing
    They were being played twice, once through DirectVobSub (the little green arrow in the system tray) and again by the subtitle renderer of your player.
    will autogk produce subtitles on just one chapter?
    Perhaps not. You might check the timestamps in the IDX file. Often when getting just a chapter, when you encode the chapter naturally the AVI begins at time zero. But the subs may have the timestamps from their original place in the movie. So, they're in there, but after the chapter AVI finishes, if that makes any sense. If you were to use the first chapter as a test (and assuming it has subs, and not just the subless opening credits), then it should produce subs for you. Or take the IDX and resynch the subs.
    Thanks for your reply

I just played it again (using VLC Media Player), but I don't see the little green arrow in the system tray. Does that tell you anything different? Would vobSub come on when my player plays the avi file? Does that mean that sometimes VobSub has to be installed for certain types of subs to play on a given player?

That does make sense about the chapters. Thanks. And I'll try your suggestion about trying the first chapter.

One more thing. I think when I used AutoGK to make a 2-CD avi, it did that AND made another avi that unified both the CD files (its size equals that of both the 2-CD set). Is that possible? Or am I just getting confused by all the experiments I've been running ?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Hi-
    Does that tell you anything different?
    Maybe. You don't have DirectVobSub installed? If you do, then by default it starts automatically and plays subs. You can adjust that behavior in its settings. Maybe you're getting subs from both the AVI and from VLC. Open the AVI in VDubMod and scroll around checking for subs. If you see them, then you have them burned into the video and you can remove the external sub file that's being displayed by VLC.

One more thing. I think when I used AutoGK to make a 2-CD avi, it did that AND made another avi that unified both the CD files (its size equals that of both the 2-CD set). Is that possible?
    It makes the complete AVI first and splits them afterwards. You're not crazy.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe. You don't have DirectVobSub installed?
    No, I've checked.

Maybe you're getting subs from both the AVI and from VLC. Open the AVI in VDubMod and scroll around checking for subs. If you see them, then you have them burned into the video and you can remove the external sub file that's being displayed by VLC.
    Last night I was cleaning things up and like an idiot deleted that file, so I can't check it. I have downloaded VDubMod, though, just now. But that does make sense that I have both external subs and subs burned in. I'm still on the learning curve and a bit of a bull in a china closet, so easily could have done that.

It makes the complete AVI first and splits them afterwards. You're not crazy.
    Good to know (on both counts) Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  27. Hi-
    I have downloaded VDubMod, though...
    If you have AutoGK installed, then you already also have VDubMod installed. Another way to check if the subs have been burned into the video is to move the subs (IDX/SUB most likely, or maybe SRT) to a different folder from where the AVI is, or give them a different name. Then when playing the AVI, if you still see subs then they've been burned into or embedded into the video. If you followed this guide, though, then the chances are very good that you have hard-coded (another name for burned in) subs. After all, the name of this thread is:
    How to add permanent subtitles with AutoGK and convert to AVI DivX or XviD
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Another way to check if the subs have been burned into the video is to move the subs (IDX/SUB most likely, or maybe SRT) to a different folder from where the AVI is, or give them a different name. Then when playing the AVI, if you still see subs then they've been burned into or embedded into the video.
    Another "Why Didn't I Think of That" Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    isn't there any other way to add subs cause when i press ctrl f8 nothing happens
    Quote Quote