VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. manono,
    ok! thanks man!!!!
    i finally found a quick easy way to permanently add subtitle to my AVI files - and all thanks to you!
    just one more thing man:
    the subtitles' position is not optimal...
    is there any way i can place them on the black border?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I sure wish you'd supply some information sometimes. What kind of subs? What format? If IDX/SUB, open the IDX in Notepad and where it has this line:

# Origin, relative to the upper-left corner, can be overloaded by aligment
    org: 0, 0

give the bold-faced zero a positive number to lower them. Give it a negative number to raise them.

If they're SRT format, you can't do anything about the position. You have to convert to SSA (I use SubResynch which is included in VobSub). Open them in Notepad and where you see this:

Format: Name, Fontname, Fontsize, PrimaryColour, SecondaryColour, TertiaryColour, BackColour, Bold, Italic, BorderStyle, Outline, Shadow, Alignment, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, AlphaLevel, Encoding
    Style: Style1,Tahoma,60,12303291,12303291,12040119,-2147483640,0,0,1,2,0,2,20,20,80,0,0

Whatever your 3rd from last number is, raise it to raise the subs on the screen, and lower it to lower the subs.

And by the way, if the AVI was made correctly, it doesn't have a black border. The black is added by the player and you can't put subs in it. Open the AVI in VDubMod. If you don't see any black, there is no black border. You can add a black border when reencoding, but not with AutoGK.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by manono
    I sure wish you'd supply some information sometimes. What kind of subs? What format? If IDX/SUB, open the IDX in Notepad and where it has this line:

# Origin, relative to the upper-left corner, can be overloaded by aligment
    org: 0, 0

give the bold-faced zero a positive number to lower them. Give it a negative number to raise them.

If they're SRT format, you can't do anything about the position.
    i'll be more specific, since i'm new to this.
    i'm just hit Ctrl+F8 and add my SRT file.
    i dont see the different between SRT and SUB - i'm just hittin Ctrl+F8 and loading my subtitle whether if its SRT or SUB.

and i still didnt cought the IDX idea...
    what is it?
    is it a .TXT i should edit like you explained?

Originally Posted by manono
    And by the way, if the AVI was made correctly, it doesn't have a black border. The black is added by the player and you can't put subs in it.
    welllll.....
    that explain a lot!!!!
    thanks for that man!

You have to convert to SSA (I use SubResynch which is included in VobSub). Open them in Notepad and where you see this:

Format: Name, Fontname, Fontsize, PrimaryColour, SecondaryColour, TertiaryColour, BackColour, Bold, Italic, BorderStyle, Outline, Shadow, Alignment, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, AlphaLevel, Encoding
    Style: Style1,Tahoma,60,12303291,12303291,12040119,-2147483640,0,0,1,2,0,2,20,20,80,0,0

Whatever your 3rd from last number is, raise it to raise the subs on the screen, and lower it to lower the subs.
    since i dont have borders (now it came up to me...) i guess it wont help me...

and i also guess there isnt any way to place subtitle on an un-exist border huh?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Nope. Doesn't your player play external (separate) subs? Most DVD/MPEG-4 players play at least SRT subs. And they usually play others as well.

is it a .TXT i should edit like you explained?

If you don't have an IDX file to go with the SUB file, then forget it. They're also called VobSubs and they are a very common subtitle format.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by manono
    Nope. Doesn't your player play external (separate) subs? Most DVD/MPEG-4 players play at least SRT subs. And they usually play others as well.
    yes he does.
    but the firmware is really bad so an external subs looks bad as well.
    i'll try to get an update firmware.
    thanks for the great help!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I hav 2 ques about this program. 1 is a problem and 1 is a question.

The problem is when I finished subbing, the voices and the subs dont match at the same time. For example, the subs will come up then after a couple secs after the voice comes on and not at the same time. Question is why is that?

The question is can u sub 2 different subtitles for instance chinese and english.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi-

If the subs get more and more off as the movie goes along, then probably the subs are NTSC and the movie PAL, or vice-versa. If the subs are off by the same amount all the way through, then perhaps they came from 2 different DVDs, or perhaps whoever created one of them cut out something at the beginning, some sort of a logo or something like that. The subs can be adjusted fairly easily, depending on their format and what's wrong with them.

Yes, you can burn 2 different subs into the video.

However, probably not by using AutoGK to do the job. If you use the VobSubs from the DVD and add them in the normal way, and then have SRT subs or SSA subs following the directions of this guide, you can do it. SSA would make more sense, because then you can adjust the height, so they're above or below the IDX/SUB subtitles.

If you have 2 languages of text formatted subs, such as 2 examples of SRT subs, then I think you'll have to do it outside of AutoGK, using an AviSynth script, or adding them in VDub. I've never played around with doing that, though, because every time I've seen AVIs with 2 languages of subs burned in, it's always made me mad, and I've always thought it to be a very stupid idea. Sorry.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi-

If the subs get more and more off as the movie goes along, then probably the subs are NTSC and the movie PAL, or vice-versa. If the subs are off by the same amount all the way through, then perhaps they came from 2 different DVDs, or perhaps whoever created one of them cut out something at the beginning, some sort of a logo or something like that. The subs can be adjusted fairly easily, depending on their format and what's wrong with them..
    How do u do it though if u says its fairly easy to do?
    Quote Quote  
  9. How about some information, then? Is it a constant or a progressive asynch? Are the subs in SRT, SSA, IDX/SUB format, or something else?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How about some information, then? Is it a constant or a progressive asynch? Are the subs in SRT, SSA, IDX/SUB format, or something else?
    Constant and is SRT
    Quote Quote  
  11. First find out the delay. Make sure they have the same name as the AVI, even the AVI you made where they're out of synch. Play them and estimate the delay. If they play after the audio, you want a negative delay. If before, you want a positive delay. Estimate the delay. Open SubtitleCreator. Open the subs (File->Open Text Subtitles). Go Synchronize->Set Time Delay and put in your estimated figure. Go File->Save SRT. Play them again and adjust until you get it right. Then use that SRT in your AutoGK encode.

I think there's a way to adjust them on the fly by also opening the AVI at the same time, or maybe that's using Subtitle Workshop. Unless and until someone comes along and tells you that way, this will do.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The problem is after subbing. After I put them together, the subs come after the what they said. For example, they say "hello"....4 secs after the "hello" subs comes on.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I know what the problem is. You already explained it well. The answer is to adjust the delay before sending the subs to AutoGK, following my instructions earlier. If the voice follows the subs by 4 seconds, then you need to add in a +4 second delay in SubtitleCreator:

Be sure and test the subs before encoding, as it probably won't be exactly 4 seconds, and you'll have to adjust it until you get it right.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    is there a way to embed subtitles and convert the video file to .mp4 for ipod at once? i currently use cucusoft for that job, but both seem to take forever - there must be an combined, easier option! thanks
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    umm i followed everything here step by step. Is it supposed to make a folder where i selected my output? Because it makes a folder for me. It's called "agk_tmp" Inside is a text called Interlace, A video file without a name that has no audio or video, something else that has no name but is an avisycnscript? and something called lastjob it says vcard file. Is that supposed to happen?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Edit: this problem is solved...
    now it's something different: cannot determine file type of "D:\films\perfume\mpeg\agk_tmp\_.avs" ? How can i solve this?
    Quote Quote  
  17. The .avs is the AviSynth script file which is frameserved into VDubMod for encoding. The first and most obvious question is did you install AviSynth?

To find the answer, make a text file and rename it as an .avs. Make a Version.txt and rename it as Version.avs. Inside have just one line:

Version()

Save it and open it in VDub(Mod) just as you would an AVI (drag and drop, or File->Open Video File). You should see a small rectangle with the version of AviSynth installed. If you got an error message, then it's not installed, and you should install it.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I have AutoGK 2.4 installed. I also have WinRAR installed. I have the registry key HKLM/SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Path\WinRAR.exe correctly set to point to the instalation folder of WinRAR. I use Ctrl+F8 to bring up the External subs control and select a .ssa file. I then hit Advanced Settings and click Use external subtitles and I still get the WinRAR not found message. What do I need to do to add subtitles to an avi (divx) file?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hi-
    I use Ctrl+F8 to bring up the External subs control and select a .ssa file. I then hit Advanced Settings and click Use external subtitles and I still get the WinRAR not found message.
    I don't understand. After hitting CTRL-F8 and browsing to the SSA file, that's all there is to it. You don't need to go into the Advanced Settings to do anything else with the subs. They will be burned into the video during the encoding.

The "Use External Subs" box is to get the subs from the DVD, but keep them external or separate (not burned into the video). You don't do both things for the same encode. Your SSA subs are already external, so checking that box makes no sense. Baldrick didn't say anything about checking the "Use External Subs" box in his guide.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Ok, I'll try again, but I didnt see the subtitles in the resulting avi file after encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When trying to add subtitles with this program I get Video compression error: The source image format is not acceptable. The log says Open AVI failed. Any idea what's going on?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Hi-

It rejects it when? When you start the encoding? What kind of video is it? If you don't know, run it through GSpot. There's lots of stuff that AutoGK won't touch. If it's just a standard XviD or DivX AVI and you have the right codecs installed (as you should with AutoGK installed), then see if this applies and if the suggestion helps (TelemachusMH's post):

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51906
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Never mind, I opened the original video file I used to encode and now the subtitles are there Guess it was just unable to create a new video file with the subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i tried using Auto Gordian Knot and performed the tasks as per ur protocol..but some subtitles are being added in a random manner.....in the sense the subtitles and the movie dialogues dont correspond...help me out....
    Quote Quote  
  25. Maybe the movie is from an NTSC source and the subs are from a PAL source, or vice versa. If so, the subs will get farther and farther off as the movie goes along. You have to fix the subs before doing the encoding. Maybe the subs are off by the same amount all the way through. If so, you just have to add in the right delay before encoding. You didn't really give enough information about what's wrong with the subs.

It's not really the fault of AutoGK that you downloaded subs from somewhere and they don't match the movie.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK fine i will try working out with that.....i actually downloaded subtitles from www.subtitlesbox.com. Its in the Subrip format and also in MicroDVD format. i tried editing the subtitles using Subtitles workshop and have succeeded in that..the subtitles are working fine now. And i need info on how to merge two Video files(all formats). Is there any way I can add subtitles to the video files with merging, with the intention of just viewing the movie along with the subtitles(can't wait till AutoGK merges the subtitles). and what's NTSC and PAL source?????
    Quote Quote  
  27. what's NTSC and PAL source?????
    An AVI movie from an NTSC DVD will play at 23.976fps. A movie from a PAL DVD will play at 25fps. An NTSC movie lasts about 4 minutes longer than does the same PAL movie, for every 100 minutes in length. So, you can understand that if the AVI is from one standard and the subs from the other, they won't match up.
    And i need info on how to merge two Video files
    VDubMod, answering 'No" to the question it might ask if the audio is VBR MP3. Set Video for Direct Stream Copy after appending the 2nd AVI. And they had better be 2 halves of the same movie. All the parameters must be exactly the same or else they won't join.
    Is there any way I can add subtitles to the video files with merging
    Not sure I understand. If you merge the 2 halves of the same movie, you should also merge the 2 halves of the subtitle files. SubtitleCreator can merge 2 SRT format subtitle files. Maybe other programs as well.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great tutorial and advice in this thread. I was able to get AutoGK running on the first attempt with good success.

I'm only experiencing one issue/problem:

The new avi file that AutoGK creates has inserted an image at the beginning of the file that is from a later part of the file.

It only flashes for a fraction of a second and then the files continues normally. But it has done this with every file I've converted to add subtitles.

Any ideas on fixes or tweaks to change or stop this behavior?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Any ideas on fixes or tweaks to change or stop this behavior?
    No, not really, and this is the first time I've heard of this. Do me a favor, please. Open the AutoGK created AVI in VDubMod and start advancing a frame at a time (right arrow on the keyboard). Does that out-of-place frame show up in the beginning?

If so, then there's a problem. If not, it's not an AutoGK issue, but more likely some sort of a player issue, and maybe try a different player (I recommend Media Player Classic).
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the help.

Yes, when I review the avi that AutoGK created using VDubMod, the inserted frame shows as:

Frame 1 (0:00:00.040) ----- this frame is actually Frame 125417 (more or less)

It shows up in VLC, WMP, and also after I've used Nero to convert the AutGK avi into a dvd file.

Phantom frame does not exist on the original avi I am feeding into AutoGK.

Strange.
    Quote Quote