VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!
    I'm new here and i would like to know if there's a way to copy the movie "The DaVinci Code". It's a sony dvd and i' ve tried with dvd decrypter, dvdfab and anydvd without any result!
    I would be glad if anyone could help me!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by takiant
    i!
    I'm new here and i would like to know if there's a way to copy the movie "The DaVinci Code". It's a sony dvd and i' ve tried with dvd decrypter, dvdfab and anydvd without any result! sad.gif
    I would be glad if anyone could help me!
    The latest version of anydvd running and using dvdshrink worked for me
    Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is 6.0.95 the latest version of anydvd?
    I'll download it and give it a try (i simply leave it running, is that correct?)!
    Is the version of dvdshrink important?
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome to the forum, takiant!
    To make your experience as pleasant as possible, may I suggest you take the time to read the rules/AUP.
    Do not hijack topics.
    Please try to stick to the author's first post in each topic, if you want to discuss something else, create a new topic.
    I've split this off in a new thread for you.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  5. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    RipIt4Me utilizes DVDDecrypter and FixVTS automatically. It's supposed to handle new copy protection better than the older apps DVDShrink and DVDDecrypter alone I have it installed but haven't tried it yet.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by takiant
    Is 6.0.95 the latest version of anydvd?
    I'll download it and give it a try (i simply leave it running, is that correct?)!
    Is the version of dvdshrink important?
    Thanks!
    6.0.9.5 is the latest version. Let anydvd run in the background, then shrink the movie using dvdshrink. It worked for me.
    Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there,

I initially had the same problem but managed to get round it doing the following:-

1) Have AnyDVD running
    2) Use DVD Decrypter to rip the dvd to the Harddrive in " FILE MODE "" (you will notice that not all files are copied - don't panic this is normal as far as I can see its the dodgy files that house the Sony protection and are not necessary to be copied over)
    3) Once ripped in file mode start up a program called " FixVTS " (latest version is 1.6 i believe but use the latest to be on the safe side) and process the dvd through this program from the ripped copy on your harddrive. This program basically converts the dodgy VTS Files so that programs like " DVD Shrink " can read them correctly. Once the program (FixVTS) has completed this task you will have a version of the dvd (stipulated in the location that you chose for FixVTS to do its work) that DVD Shrink will quite happily process without any errors.

Failing that download the latest version of AnyDVD as I have found that it now works better on new forms of the Sony Protection and is more compatable with programs like DVD Shrink.

Wish you luck.
    Quote Quote