VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I use a Kyocera phone from Virgin mobile, and it often can't pick up station in shopping mall or airport. I used to have a nokia phone which work great. My friend thinks the problem is the phone.

If I switch to a Nokia phone, will it help to get better connection ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well you should find out what freqency is mostly used in your area. 850Ghz 900Ghz 1800Ghz 1900Ghz, and by a suitable phone.
    Nokia's you can change the broadcast power and speaker quality,

*3370# / #3370# Activate / Deactivate Enhanced Full Rate Codec (EFR) - Your phone uses the best sound quality but talk time is reduced my approx. 5%

*#4720# / *#4720# Activate / Deactivate Half Rate Codec - Your phone uses a lower quality sound but you should gain approx 30% more Talk Time
    Quote Quote  
  3. In US, Virgin uses Sprint PCS CDMA network. Friend told me it is not as good as GSM network. I was looking into then option of adding a high gain antenna, but have not find one yet.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The question is which Nokia? Some phones are better than others. I've had three phones; a Motorola, a Nokia (which was not as good as the Motorola), and another Motorola (which was not as good as the Nokia).
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    But you know it depends on the service, because even though Verizon has great service, their phones suck... and then there's T-mobile, great service and phones... but not much of a wide selection. And the cooler Nokia's are on the cingular service... sprint/nextel service sucks in general!
    Quote Quote  
  6. You kind of also saying CDMA(Sprint & Nextel) is not as good as GSM. At the airport this thanksgiving, My Virgin mobile(on sprint) is the only one have receiving problem. I don't remember any problem when I was on Cincular. I am thinking about switch to the $99/year Cingular pre-paid.

For Drewzor : I though most cell phone are 850 or 980 MHz. Is the high frequencies for Spirnt PCS only.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    all the phone companys make good and bad phones. but i'd say in general nokia makes a better quality phone than kyocera lol. reception has to with tower placement is all. and cingular probably does have the best coverage out of anybody due to the merge with at+t.
    Quote Quote