VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I tried making a copy of my DVD disk, the entire program froze after it did the analysis. It was able to read all the files on the DVD, but when going to press the Back Up TAB, the program froze. Do you recommend making an ISO first? Or ripping with a different program then use DVD Shrink? Please Help

Also is there a better way now instead of using DVD Shrink to make copies of movies?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Could be because of a newer encryption. I use RipIt4Me, along with a special version of DVD Shrink with ImgBurn, to automatically burn. You can get Shrink/ImgBurn from here: http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=63869

You could also use DvdReMake or if you wanted to backup to dual layer DVD with no changes, DVD Decrypter. You would need to use another program for the new encryptions with this method, though, like DVD43 or AnyDVD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    In other words DVDShrink and DVDDecrypter are old and no longer being updated. In order to still use DVDShrink you will need to rip the DVD to your HDD with a newer decrypter like DVDFabDecrypter. There are other methods, programs as well but I was never a huge fan of single click programs for my DVD-ing.
    Also keep a program called FixVTS in mind...a great little tool to have in your arsenal and it is also used by at least one of the single click backup programs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    But doesn't making the iso of a DVD, and burning it onto a disk decrease the quality of the original DVD by a lot more than if it was just straight copying of the original DVD?

Also I am trying RipIt4Me for the first time, and it says Find FixVTS, what does this mean?

And create PLS for DVD Decrypter? Need help in ripping...Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Here is a god place to start reading about your present problem.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=1397871#1397871

You also need to do some SERIOUS reading since your questions are coming from all over the spectrum of "DVD-ing".

DVDFabDecrypter is the latest/newest code cracking DVD ripper.
    DVDFabDecrypter is NOT the same as DVDDecrypter.
    Ripping an ISO/or folders of a complete DVD will not result in quality loss.....only after you shrink it with DVDShrink(or other transcoder) will you start to remove quality.
    A DVD9 is a dual layer disc.
    A DVD5 is a single layer disc.
    You will need to know those terms as well....along with many others. Use the glossary at the top left of the main page.
    Quote Quote