VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there, I've just hooked up my new Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-ES35V to my LG TV. The setup of the channels, etc. went ok, but for the life of me I can't seem to set the remote control up to turn the TV on/off, change the TV input mode, select the TV channell and change the TV volume from the Panasonic remote control (on p15 of the manual, it says you can do this, and I've tried to follow the instructions, but no luck). Does anyone who owns one of these been through this and have any suggestions? Does the unit and/or tv have to be turned on or off? Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Remotes that come with electronics have a pretty limited code database, the code may not be there. If you've tried all the LG codes, try GoldStar and Zenith, all the same company.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Will the codes work if the TV is 4 or 5 years old? (I tried using the Goldstar code, but nothing happened. Zenith wasn't listed). Is there supposed to be a screen that comes up to say this has sucessfully happened? Do you have to have the TV turned on to do this (It was turned on). Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The TV doesn't have to be on. You just enter each code for the manufacterer and then press power, if it turns on, it's the right code. Make sure it's in TV mode. If none of them work, the code isn't there.
    Quote Quote