VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Are you a tea drinker?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So do you do tea? I don't. Occasionally I can do iced tea. But really only the flavored stuff like SNAPPLE. Regular iced tea doesn't do it for me.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just plain old Liptons: hot or cold.

I also drink Asian various teas.

And I recenty discovered Steaz Green Tea Soda.

http://steazsoda.com/beverages.html

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I like Iced Tea only ... not hot tea.

Also I am more fond of Green Tea than "regular" tea. Especially with a touch of honey.

However I never make my own. I just buy it pre-sweetened.

My favorite is the Arizona brand Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey.

It comes in a couple of different sizes but here is a common size:

Good Stuff !!!

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just iced tea, and instant at that. With a little lemon juice and artificial sweetener added.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Green tea with honey to pick me up in the morning. Black coffee to keep me running thru the day. Single Malt to make me relax in the evening.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Green tea, 'spring' sorts from China Dragon Wells plantation. No sugar with it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    COFFEE!!
    I am just a worthless liar,
    I am just an imbecil
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    P.S. It's here:
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sweet iced tea and lots of it. Here is how that came to be. In most restraunts coffee and tea are free refills, ice tea included. So being the cheap bastard that I am...

It is interesting that alot of places in the North only serve unsweetened tea, add your own sweetener, while in the South you would have to almost specifically ask for unsweetened rather than sweetened.

I am not brand consious nor do I even care (varity is a good thing) only that it is fresh and crisp. Sweet tea is like the perfect medium for growing all kinds of nasties and goes bad fast. (Maybe why they don't keep it up north)

Too sweet is no good either and way too common, it shouldn't crunch or go down like syrup, just enough sweetener to knock off the edge of bitterness. Some times, if I know that a place has a reputation for overly sweet, I will ask for "half and half". It wouldn't seem like too complicated of a request, but I have actually had a server at a fast food place put like five little dairy creamers on the tray. I don't know who was more confused, her or me. I mean, I do put cream in my hot tea. Well, rather than try to break down the language barrier I just took my order and sat down, with all of the witnesses thinking is was a freak or something.

I will drink the bottled green teas and other concoctions and I haven't drank much hot tea and toast since I left the lands of snowdrifts, but I do on rare occasions, boil up some sasafrass roots and drink it with a touch of honey.

Now just to be gross, a buddies wife brews some stuff that makes E-lax look like concrete. I took a sip, felt the warmth as it traveled down my throat and to my stomach, and it just keep going! I can laugh now, but it is not funny at the time, when you can't keep the back door slamed shut and stinking up a freinds house is so embarrassing.
    IS IT SUPPOSED TO SMOKE LIKE THAT?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by ZAPPER
    When you can't keep the back door slamed shut and stinking up a freinds house is so embarrassing.

I'm British, so it's sort of in the up-bringing and I can't stand coffee. Strong, milky, 2 sugars please!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Prefer the output of the No-Tea Dispensor
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    But I can't vote in this one!!

I may be British, but 'almost never' isn't good enough for me. I NEVER drink tea and never have done. I cannot stand the smell of the stuff and, as it is pretty nigh on impossible to drink something without putting it directly under your nose, I've never even got close enough to find out what it tastes like.
    Quote Quote  
  13. *HUGE* tea drinker.

Hot with a splash of milk.

Prepared with *boiling* water, preferably using loose tea leaves in a proper pot.

None of this chai shite. Or iced muck. Or tea bags claiming to be "British Breakfast" or "Irish Breakfast" - too insipid.

Just finished a cup of PG, in fact.
    John Miller
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    iced tea is good in the hot summer
    i usually get hot tea when i eat at my favorite Chinese place...
    "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research." - Steven Wright
    "Megalomaniacal, and harder than the rest!"
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hot tea every evening
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No-one in America has ever tasted real tea. The only blended tea worth drinking is Brooke Bond PG tips. (The "PG" stands for Premium Grade).

The only pure (unblended and favourite of professional tasters) tea is Assam, but it has an extremely bland taste and needs to be made at least double strength to be enjoyed.

For those with an aversion to loose tea leaves I recommend the Russell Hobbs "Two Cup" tea and coffee making filter machine. I find it produces tea of exactly the right strength and temperature in just a few minutes with a minimum of fuss, albeit in tiny quantities.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    About 1970 when coffee was 3 pounds of good ground coffee for $1, there was a freeze or something in Columbia and coffee shot up to $9 for 3 pounds. I figured everyone would switch to tea and the price of tea would shortly rise too, so I went out and bought 6 cases of cartons of boxes of tea bags. (Lipton) Thought I might sell some of them when the price went up, but just kept drinking it instead. Finished the last of it off about a year ago.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm Mexican so, yeah, big tea drinker. I also love stuff like Snapple's.

Originally Posted by ntscuser
    No-one in America has ever tasted real tea.
    America is a pretty huge place. You mean the United States?
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes & Yes, I don't drink much hot tea but do like it lots. As for Iced Tea, I'm a Southerner so I drink it by the 55 gallon drumfull. I drink sweet tea but order it unsweetened and add the artificial sweetener later. Can't go wrong w/iced tea.

later

rog
    There are many ways to measure success. You just have to find your own yardstick.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by burnman99
    a Southerner so I drink it by the 55 gallon drumfull
    Wow! Now that's what I call an addiction Like I said I like iced tea once in awhile but only if its flavored.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  21. I drink peach tea every now and then.
    Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have a major weakness for oolong tea, but I also drink large anounts of black, green and darjeeling. Most blended/flavored teas, esp. Celestial Seasonings, must be steeped interminably to extract even the meager amounts of flavor you wind up with. Some of the Bigelow and Twinings offerings suffer from a "tea-baggy" flavor, but some Cantonese restaurant and shops carry better teas, especially oolong and darjeeling (Fujian oolong is pretty fine and is carried by a lot of shops). Tazo, who markets a very good green tea called Chinese green tips, also makes a seasonal holiday blend, "Joy," that is as delicious (during the yuletide) as it is hard-to-find (between February and November), so stock up!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Tea, Earl Grey, Hot.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  24. The root of all evil träskmannen's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gadgetguy
    Tea, Earl Grey, Hot.
    and lots of it!
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    Quote Quote  
  25. American fought the indepedence war over tea tax, we still think we can aviod tax by not drinking a lot of English tea in ml (French Measurement).
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No-one in America has ever tasted real tea. The only blended tea worth drinking is Brooke Bond PG tips. (The "PG" stands for Premium Grade).
    Some things have an aquired taste, if it doesn't taste all that good to start with, why keep drinking it?
    IS IT SUPPOSED TO SMOKE LIKE THAT?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I love my coffee but drink tea every day too. Twinings Earl Grey, I think I'll have some now with a slice of pumkin cheesecake. Seeya!
    I love children, girl children... about 16-40
    W.C. Fields
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes: Green Tea, Green Tea with Jasmine, White Tea. All without milk & sugar.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I like a lot of herbal teas and my favorite is Candy Cane tea. It has a vanilla and peppermint flavor. So good. I also like other mint medleys and green tea.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You guys have reached a new low in boring questions. If this is somehow related to video I'm having trouble making the connection.

However, here are some suggestions for the next poll:

What type of toilet paper do you prefer?
    Do you floss?
    What is your limit for the number of days wearing the same underwear?
    Ever eat breakfast for supper?
    Are you a nap taker?

I'm going to go time how long it takes a glass full of water to evaporate now.
    I don't have a bad attitude...
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote