VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello !!!

For those looking for a cheap 2nd computer I noticed that OFFICE DEPOT is having a $99 computer special on BLACK FRIDAY.

This is an IN-STORE SPECIAL only (not internet) and the price out-the-door is $359.99 with a mail-in $360 rebate. Original price is $459.99 but there is an instant $100 off so that is why I said the out-the-door price is $359.99 + sales tax (which will probably be based on $459.99).

Unfortunately all it says is that it is an HP computer. No other details given. Well it does say that a monitor and printer are included. But no model numbers or other details are given.

Sounds like a good deal if you need a 2nd computer for something "simple".

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just realized that the add suggest that the price should be ... $0.00 ... I mean it says in-store price is $459.99 and that you get an instant $100.00 off and then a $360.00 mail-in rebate. So that leaves ... nothing.

But it says minimum $99.99 for shipping and handling yet also says it is an IN-STORE ONLY special.

I dunno go figure. It's a steal if you ask me.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

P.S.
    I get it now. This is a "built to order" computer. So you don't walk out with it that day. HP has to put it together and mail it to you. Thus the $99.99 fee for shipping and handling.

Still though a computer for only $99.99 is a deal even though it does come a bit 'stripped down' but you do get a chance to 'upgrade' to more 'stuff' like a bigger HDD or DVD drive etc. for extra money of course.
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It must be a crap computer.
    No tengo miedo a la muerte. Solo significa soñar en silencio. Un sueño que perdura por siempre. ..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    they'll buy them in droves and part them out on ebay
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here's the catch........from their website...

*WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. Quantities limited. Limit one set of rebates per household. Offer valid in-store only.
    Quote Quote  
  6. PCs built to the most important specs of all. Yours.
    HP Pavilion Desktop Computer with Intel® Celeron® D 352 Processor with 17" CRT Monitor and DJ314 Deskjet Printer
    17" FLAT SCREEN
    • 256MB memory
    • 80GB hard drive
    • Reads and Writes CDs
    • DJ1341 Deskjet Printer configuration code 02920443
    Quote Quote