VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey guys,

I just bought a Toshiba D-RW2 all the features and everything seems great, I'm really happy with it except for on thing, when I record, all I record is static. Alright now for the specifics, I have a Magnasonic TV which most of you guys havent heard of, it's a pritty good TV that I bought for $200 about 5years ago, it doesn't have audio video inputs so I bought an RF switch. I connected it and I managed to get into the Toshiba menu, I autoprogramed all the channels. So what I do is I put my tv on channel 3, then I turn on the DVD recorder and from that point on I attempt to flip through the channels. As I flip through the channels the tv screen is just blue with no picture. So from that point I will put it on a channel through the DVD player and press record even though I can't see anything. Then I stop the recording and I attempt to watch it and all I can playback is black static.

So any help would be appreciated,
    Thank-You,
    Daniel

P.S. Seriously guys I would not even be asking for help if Toshiba's tech support would acctualy pick up the phone after having me wait on hold for around 4-5 hours a day, for a whole week! So please someone help!

2. You don't have any RF signal coming into the DVD Recorder.

Try plugging the cable from the wall into the recorder's RF input.

3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well this is what I got going on now...what should be different?

and please dont mind the crappy little picture I drew...some of the words even got cut off for some reason, like TV is IV! lol but on the b side if you click on the picture than you will see the picture better and enlarged!

4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    polesel31, Do not post the same topic on several forums. Please do not cross post, once is enough.

Continue this in your other duplicate thread: https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=1606809#1606809

And please read our rules before posting.

Moderator redwudz