VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I was younger I used to stay up and watch a show called 'Street Justice' Starring Carl Weathers. It went for 2 seasons in the early to mid 90's and I really liked it.

I cannot find it anywhere on DVD and recently found the Canadian amazon website selling season 1. I tried to buy it only to get a reply from amazon saying it is no longer available and now the page has changed saying it is not available

So it must be out there somewhere, does anyone know of websites to find extremely rare DVDs??

I have tried emailing the Stephan J Cannell website (as that is where I found the link and it is one of his) and hopefully will get a good answer but I doubt it.

Anyone had any success in a similar endeavour?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If it is out of print, so to speak, then your best bet is probably e-bay and hope someone else actually bought it. Otherwise, try to find out who released it in the first place and contact them.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    e-bay
    Yahoo auctions is also a great place for hard-to-find DVDs.
    "Technology is getting smarter but people are getting..."
    "A person who has everything really has nothing"
    Did you know "alot" isn't a word?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    looks like it's only available in Canada also (even though it's out of stock) and this guy quotes from SJC's site. I see you are in Australia also so that will make things even harder . It mentions Season 1 being released September 15th 2006 so surely it can be out of stock everywhere? No mention of Season 2 though. Amazon.ca lists this as a November 7th release so basically it's sold out within a couple of weeks

p.s. I remember Hardcastle & McCormick 8)

http://www.tv.com/street-justice/show/1207/street-justice-to-be-released-on-dvd-in-canada-only!!/topic/59234-307671/msgs.html?

07/17/2006
    Three of Stephen's most beloved television shows are about to be released on DVD in Canada! (Sadly, that's only Canada for all of you in the rest of the world.) The dates for release are: Hardcastle & McCormick, the second season, August 15, 2006, Riptide, the first season, August 15th, 2006, and last but definitely not least, Street Justice, the first season on September 15, 2006.

This following information was obtained from Stephen J. Cannell's website.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'll check a couple of spots on my way home tonight... Sometimes the stores have stock that doesn't show up on their websites.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    www.videocanada.ca has it in stock they say
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BJ_M
    www.videocanada.ca has it in stock they say
    I think it's a different one BJ_M if this is the one you mean

http://www.videocanada.ca/catalogg/product_info.php/products_id/20668
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    u are right - though they would be a good place to contact
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BJ_M
    u are right - though they would be a good place to contact
    yep as maybe they could source one as could a few other retailers. Someone should have one somewhere unless it actually hasn't been released yet and that's why it's out if stock in places as it hasn't even been in stock

the initial date was September (SJC site) then Amazon (linked from SJC site) quotes November 7th so maybe it's just been delayed yet again
    Quote Quote  
  10. Another thing that can be done is to add the item to
    the "email me" list in eBay when the item is put
    up for auction.

I got a few things being notified like that.
    "Technology is getting smarter but people are getting..."
    "A person who has everything really has nothing"
    Did you know "alot" isn't a word?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your suggestions. I was actually emailed by the helpful people at SJC who directed me to this link http://www.archambault.ca/store/Product.asp?mscssid=&sku=001922440&type=2

which has it in stock. Again I was excited only to find out when registering it appears to only be for USA or Canadian customers!!

I have emailed them to see if they will ship it to me but I dont know.

I couldnt find it on the website BJ_M linked to but thanks for trying.

Hope it will pop up somewhere.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if only for Canada customers ... i can get it for you (if no other way)
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    BJ_M, Thanks for the kind offer, I will wait to hear back from them and search some more but will PM you if that becomes the only way.
    Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was going to offer the same thing as BJ_M if I found it - no luck, hit three different stores on the way home (no big deal - gotta do Christmas shopping anyway).
    Quote Quote