VideoHelp Forum

Poll: What profiles:

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    LOOKS GREAT, the only thing I see so far is I think under TV Show you need Episode ID as well. Episode Title, Episode # and Episode ID are common meta data and specifically with iTunes.

Thanks,
    John
    Quote Quote  
  2. I am actually generating Episode ID by putting season number and episode number together. As in season 1, episode 20 the episode id would be 120. It makes it a little bit less work and less data entry.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That would be great, but a huge percentage of episode ID's do not work in that manner. For instance the first three shows I just pulled up on www.tv.com do not work in that manner. Here are links to Fresh Prince, Friends and 24. Not any of these shows are anywhere near the standard 101,102's that are so common.

http://www.tv.com/the-fresh-prince-of-bel-air/show/475/episode_listings.html?om_act=co...=tabs;episodes

http://www.tv.com/friends/show/71/episode_listings.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabssh&t...=tabs;episodes

http://www.tv.com/24/show/3866/episode_listings.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabssh&tag=tabs;episodes
    Quote Quote  
  4. Well i Guess i could add that. I will look into it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you don't add it you might add an option too not automatically generate the ID, because I would rather my files not have the ID over having the incorrect ID. Once again you are doing a great job on this project. Thanks again.
    John
    Quote Quote  
  6. OK i have added it, when you put in the season and episode number it will be auto generated but you can change it at will.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What I would like to see is this software available for PC's, not just Macs.......think it'll be possible?

Thanks
    Are you registered as human?
    Negative, I am a meat popsicle!
    Quote Quote  
  8. The first version is a PC only version version 2 will be for all platforms (win, OSX, and Linux)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nice work on this stuff I like the error checking and roll back features as well. As far as command line transcoder is concerned... the newer versions of FFmpeg are MultiCore capable, which is a slight advantage over Mencoder (both apps are close relatives anyway). Mencoder might be weird with A/V sync on h264. Can't recall the specifics - it might be an issue with muxing to an AVI container rather than MP4. By far, the most actively developed h264 software is x264, which always requires avisynth input, is a tad slow, but produces pretty amazing video, and is also multicore aware.

Your other hurdle is use of DirectShowSource for Mpeg2 source files. While there's been a lot of enhancements to Directshowsource in Avisynth 2.57, it'll be a faster and better synced transcode if you use Mpeg2source. Problem with that is the extra space of including DGindex and Dgdecode with your software.

Dunno if you'd consider it, but I'd love to see the .PB file for your GUI when you're done. I'm trying to create a gui for some of my own automated processes (mostly audio normalizing), but I realize I'm synaptically challenged.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Suggestion: Add the ability to encode video in less than 750 kbps. Some of us like to encode in lower bitrates :P. Add the ability to encode video in bitrate 1 and up :P.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Does anyone know what value to change to change the frame rate? Or fix it somehow? Because the two movies I tried encoding both went more and more offsync the more time passed (the output had too high a frame rate compared to the source).
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to go by memory, but I think the -r sets a set frame rate. I also believe the hack was set up to encode everything at 30 fps. I think you can remove the -r and the number and it will try and encode to the original frame rate. However my sync issues often come when my original audio had a vbr. Here is what I have had to do for some of my XVID files that have a vbr.

1) Extract an uncompressed wav from the mp3.
    2) Remultiplex with Virtual Dub Mod.
    3) Remove the -r 30 or change to -r (desired/original frame rate)in the hack
    4) Encode

I have no idea if any of this is correct, because I don't really know what I am doing, but this is what I have tried.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have just tried what I lined out above and it did not work for me as I thought it would. The XVID play in sync after I multiplex the wav, but after I run it through the hack it is out of sync. So if you come across a good solution please let me know. Sorry if I caused any problem for you.
    Quote Quote  
  14. That should work. and just a side question what is the input file format?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The Input is an .avi with XVID/MP3. I have tried both leaving out the -r and framerate and putting in -r 23.976 for the frame rate because that is the original framrate and both times I get an out of sync file encoded at 23.981 fps.
    Quote Quote  
  16. OK weird.... i haven't ever had problems with avi's mostly vob problems. try changing -r to -maxfr see if that works
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    How about the "Movie" presets, my encoded file ends up in oblivion, if I use the "TV Shows" preset it works OK but then I have to re-tag the encoded file so iTunes doesn't see my movie as a TV Show. Any one else notice this or aren't you doing movies.
    Quote Quote  
  18. That is cause by an error on my part. Remove the line that says -chap {somefile.txt}
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ssj2_goha
    That is cause by an error on my part. Remove the line that says -chap {somefile.txt}
    Hi Again,
    Thanks for the fix, it really makes the program much more useful to me. Sorry to be thick, I'm no good with commandline, I've always used apps with GUI's. Do I remove the entire line or just "-chap" from the line that contains it? And just to be extra stupid we're editing the Transcoding.INI file right?
    Quote Quote  
  20. just -chap and the .txt file after it. and yes in the trascoding.ini file
    Quote Quote  
  21. Well, it's not because of a VBR-thing. My rip of "Over The Head" uses CBR. Ah well, I'll try the suggested fixes .
    Quote Quote  
  22. Umm... these are the command lines I'm using:
    Command0=""<%AppPath%>\cores\ffmpeg" -y -r -maxfr -i "<%InputFile%>" -deinterlace -bitexact -vcodec h264 -coder 0 -bufsize 256 -g 250 -vlevel 30 -fixaspect -s 320x240 -b 500 -maxrate 1400 -qmin 2 -qmax 51 -passlogfile "<%OutputFile%>" -pass 1 -acodec aac -ac 2 -ar 48000 -ab 64 -f ipod "<%TemporaryFile%>.M4V""
    Command1=""<%AppPath%>\cores\ffmpeg" -y -r -maxfr -i "<%InputFile%>" -deinterlace -bitexact -vcodec h264 -coder 0 -bufsize 256 -g 250 -vlevel 30 -fixaspect -s 320x240 -b 500 -maxrate 1400 -qmin 2 -qmax 51 -passlogfile "<%OutputFile%>" -pass 2 -acodec aac -ac 2 -ar 48000 -ab 64 -f ipod "<%TemporaryFile%>.M4V""
    Command2=""<%AppPath%>\cores\NicMP4Box.exe" -add "<%TemporaryFile%>.M4V" "<%OutputFile%>.M4V""
    Command3="rm "<%TemporaryFile%>.M4V""
    Command4="rm ""<%OutputFile%>-0.log""
    Command5=""<%AppPath%>\cores\AtomicParsley.exe" "<%OutputFile%>.M4V" -W --stik "Movie" --title "<%Title%>" -artwork "<%OutputFile%>.png""

And it gives me an Error. >_>'
    Quote Quote  
  23. Command0=""<%AppPath%>\cores\ffmpeg" -y maxfr 30 -i "<%InputFile%>" -deinterlace -bitexact -vcodec h264 -coder 0 -bufsize 256 -g 250 -vlevel 30 -fixaspect -s 320x240 -b 500 -maxrate 1400 -qmin 2 -qmax 51 -passlogfile "<%OutputFile%>" -pass 1 -acodec aac -ac 2 -ar 48000 -ab 64 -f ipod "<%TemporaryFile%>.M4V""
    Command1=""<%AppPath%>\cores\ffmpeg" -y -maxfr 30 -i "<%InputFile%>" -deinterlace -bitexact -vcodec h264 -coder 0 -bufsize 256 -g 250 -vlevel 30 -fixaspect -s 320x240 -b 500 -maxrate 1400 -qmin 2 -qmax 51 -passlogfile "<%OutputFile%>" -pass 2 -acodec aac -ac 2 -ar 48000 -ab 64 -f ipod "<%TemporaryFile%>.M4V""
    Command2=""<%AppPath%>\cores\NicMP4Box.exe" -add "<%TemporaryFile%>.M4V" "<%OutputFile%>.M4V""
    Command3="rm "<%TemporaryFile%>.M4V""
    Command4="rm ""<%OutputFile%>-0.log""
    Command5=""<%AppPath%>\cores\AtomicParsley.exe" "<%OutputFile%>.M4V" -W --stik "Movie" --title "<%Title%>"

Try that
    Quote Quote  
  24. That didn't work. I edited the first maxfr into -maxfr and now it's encoding. Now all I have to do is wait for another hour and a half for the movie to finish encoding :P.

What does -maxfr 30 do, anyway? Encode the video with a maximum frame rate of 30, encoding it with the same framerate as the source file? Or does it force the source file into 30 frames, no matter how many it had to begin with, changing it somehow?
    Quote Quote  
  25. oops my bad..... i should have tripled checked that... it was to be -maxfr sorry again.....
    Also if you want a video size of 320X240 you can use this:

Command0=""<%AppPath%>\cores\ffmpeg" -y -maxfr 30 -i "<%InputFile%>" -title "<%Title%>" -timestamp "<%TimeStamp%>" -bitexact -vcodec h264 -coder 0 -bufsize 256 -g 250 -vlevel 13 -fixaspect -s 320x240 -b 600 -maxrate 768 -qmin 2 -qmax 51 -passlogfile "<%OutputFile%>" -pass 1 -acodec aac -ac 2 -ar 48000 -ab 64 -f ipod "<%TemporaryFile%>.M4V""
    Command1=""<%AppPath%>\cores\ffmpeg" -y -maxfr 30 -i "<%InputFile%>" -title "<%Title%>" -timestamp "<%TimeStamp%>" -bitexact -vcodec h264 -coder 0 -bufsize 256 -g 250 -vlevel 13 -fixaspect -s 320x240 -b 600 -maxrate 768 -qmin 2 -qmax 51 -passlogfile "<%OutputFile%>" -pass 2 -acodec aac -ac 2 -ar 48000 -ab 64 -f ipod "<%TemporaryFile%>.M4V""
    Command2="rm "<%OutputFile%>-0.log""
    Command3=""<%AppPath%>\cores\QT3GPPFlatten" "<%TemporaryFile%>.M4V" "<%TemporaryFile%>_2.M4V" -c QT_H264_QVGA_AAC.ini -t mpg4"
    Command4="rm "<%TemporaryFile%>.M4V""
    Command5=""<%AppPath%>\cores\ATOMChanger" "<%TemporaryFile%>_2.M4V" "<%OutputFile%>.M4V" "Camouflage_MOVIE_for_iPod.ini" "<%Title%>""
    Command6="rm "<%TemporaryFile%>_2.M4V""
    Command7=""<%AppPath%>\cores\AddiTunes" "<%OutputFile%>.M4V"

that is for the old iPod standard

Yes -maxfr 30 makes the output file the same as the input as long as it's not over 30FPS if it is it make the output file 30FPS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yay!
    Movies works now!!! Thanks for you patience, I'm a BADASS code editor now :-b The maxframes is a useful tidbit too, Keep Up the Good Work!! Can't wait to see iConverter in the "New Tool" section.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Dammit! It still goes offsync! And it's still CBR!

BTW, before going on here and asking, I figured the -r was the framerate, so I changed it aorund to 15 and 20 to check it out, nothing happened, though. The video was still 30 FPS o_O (I used Naruto's 4th opening sequence for this test as it's only 1:30 and takes much less time to encode).

Edit: That's weird, using -maxfr set at different frame rates for Naruto's 4th Opening (1:31) does give me a movie using a different framerate (though still at the same length). "Over The Hedge" eventually ends up being a movie where what's on the screen comes out before its sound is heard, meaning the output file has less frames than the input file o_O. The more time passes, the more offsync it goes >_>'. Any idea of how to fix this? I'm trying the convert-AC3-into-wav-and-then-remuxing idea now to see if that works, but it shouldn't be needed, as it's CBR.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have tried about everything with my XVID avi's and I still get a file that is out of sync. I normally encode VOB's with the hack and have never had a bad one yet, but I just do not have luck with my XVID files and I extract the audio and convert to wav so I should be fixing any VBR problems there. Does anyone know of an MP3 decompressor to work with virtual dub mod. I have been extracting my wav in goldwave and I thought maybe virtual dub mod might be worth a try, since I can do it all in one step, but I still don't know why it would make a difference since my file is in sync after I remultiplex with the wav.

Sorry for the rambling.
    Quote Quote  
  29. VirtualDubMod doesn't actually extract your audio in a WAV. It gives you the same filetype that the video uses, only it renames it was WAV >_>'. All VirtualDubMod can do is to give you a demuxed version of your audio (be it in wav, mp3, ac3 or whatever it is that your video uses).
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know that the default install of virtualdubmod does that, but I have read that you can install a decompressor and it will extraxt an uncompressed wav in full processing mode.
    Quote Quote