VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Thread
  1. i tried both. i changed it to 127933, but muxman did not work either..
    Why didn't it work? The error message was the same? Or something different? If you don't know or can't remember, the Muxman log is found in the root of the C drive and it'll say.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i don't know. here's the log file without error message, since i didn't wait the end.. the erreor messege is " reference to non-existant scene "Segment_1_scn26" from PGC VTS... i made the mux with ifoedit, but its awsome slow..

muxman.log
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sorry, this is an other logfile. this was from 21 scene, but the muxman stood at scene 20. the green colour turned lilac, so i stopped muxing. now i look for guides for dvd remake pro...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    my next problem is:

at last I can change and remove audio tracks, subtitles. But..
    the behaviour of the menu elements is still the same: buttons, links.. How could I change the elements of the menus to the new status? to the new audio track and subs, and so on..
    Quote Quote  
  5. Everything you've asked up until now has been outside the scope of this guide. I've tried to help with the earlier stuff, but maybe you had better open a new thread for your latest questions.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    cool guide manono and "my neightbor totoro" is such a great movie :P

congratz

michcio
    take a look at my DVD-authoring guide :)

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic353434.html
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys, is here anybody who can still help me ?

I have bought region 2 Simpsons DVD Season 1 and I would like to add czech audio there, since the DVDs came without any languages understandable for my family.

The original DVD has 2 audio tracks - english and commentary. Instead of replacing some of the tracks I have decided to ADD a new audio track.
    It was pretty easy but I really wanted to also add the possibility to choose the language in the menus also. So I have done this until now :
    1) For every cell I have extracted the VOB file with VobBlanker
    2) I have extracted the menus to bmp files (they're static), and inserted there the string ČESKY (= czech).
    3) I have extracted the original sup files from every menu cell with PGCDemux
    4) I have opened every VOB file from step 1, and saved the menus as bmp files + son file.
    5) I have repainted the bmp file from step 4, and added there also the string ČESKY to the same position as in the background pic (it took a LOT of hours to achieve that )
    6) I have used Son2VSub and then SubToSup and I ended with an Sup file.
    7) I have opened the sup file in DVDSubEdit, the subpicture is fine.

Now the problems begin :

When I try to create for each cell a new VOB file containing the new background and the new subpicture, I thought it's enough to mux them with MuxMan and everything will be fine.
    The mux process ends without errors, but the resulting VOB files doesn't seam to have any subpictures !
    When I open the VOB files in DVDSubEdit it says me that the VOB file has 0 subpictures. When I later use it in VobBlanker to replace the original menu, I see only the background, so I guess the subpicture containing the "visual part" of the buttons is really not there.

I tried to do it multiple ways, I even tried to "Replace current subpic with .BMP file" in DVDSubEdit, but I still see nothing and it claims to have 0 subpictures. The same when I try "Edit subpic bitmap with external tool".

Any idea what I'm doing wrong ?
    Thanks for the help
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nobody ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. I probably won't be able to help much since this problem doesn't have much to do with the subject of this guide, but:
    Any idea what I'm doing wrong ?
    You said earlier that you muxed the cells back together again with Muxman, that the mux completed OK, but that the resulting cell VOBs didn't contain any subpics, right? The first thing you should do is to check the Muxman.log found in the root of the C Drive. If you no longer have it, do another mux just the way you did earlier and then have a look. It may give a clue about why it didn't work. It must have rejected your SUP files. There's probably something wrong with the SUP files you created. They have some very specific requirements. Did you use 4-bit color when creating the edited subpic BMPs, for example? And instead of using SON2VSub and Sub2SUP, you might consider making SST subs instead. Muxman accepts them as easily as it does SUP files.

But like I said, I probably won't be able to help much. This isn't really my area of expertise.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks a lot for the help, I can't understand why I didn't check the log
    I can test it earliest this weekend, but do you know which "specific requirements" for the SUP files of BMPs ?

Thanks a lot
    Quote Quote  
  11. I mentioned one; they have to use 4-bit color (16 colors). For menu BMPs they have to be 720x576, but you probably got that one right. Dialog BMPs are different.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi everybody. first of all i would like to wish Happy New Year to every one.

My questiion is how to modify a highlighted button, if it is a text or a symbol..
    Quote Quote  
  13. This guide doesn't really cover that part of it, but you have to extract the underlying BMP(s), edit it, and then stick it back into the menu. You can extract and then later replace the BMP using DVDSubEdit without taking apart the menu. For the editing you're on your own.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you very much!!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i've tried to edit the bmp in vob, but i couldn't. it is the pic:
    i can't edit the symbol on the right side, only both at the same time and same way, but not separate.

Quote Quote  
  16. Oh, then maybe I misunderstood you before. So you just want to change the "Hungarian/Magyar" to something else? Did you try and follow the guide, The Easy Way down at the bottom of the guide? Changing those letters to some other language name is pretty easy. Most picture editors can do it. Changing the underlying subpic could be hard. That's what I was referring to in my previous post. If you want to change it as well, you have to extract it from the DVD menu first, then edit it, then replace it.

If it's the > < part you want to change, I can only ask, "Why?". Maybe to change the distance they're apart after you changed the language name? That's the subpic BMP you have to extract and change.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes, manono, i followed your guide which is great! "the easy way" worked, because the first way the quality of the .bmp file has become very bad and blurred on some places. but at other time i managed to do it with demux and remux etc.

i can't how to extract the subpic in dvdsubedit. yes, you're right, i want to change the distance between the two <>, because i put a dts icon on the saved .bmp image, as i changed the hungarian audio from dd5.1 to dts, and it's simplier to put an 'original' image than a dts text in each text format, but the longness of the button has changed, too, as you can see it on th picture posted above. i made an .srt file, but can't add or change text.

this is the saved bmp with the signs:

finally, i have solved the problem, that i've erased the last symbol on dts icon.. but i have movies with highlighted buttoned menu with text where i would like to change the hightlighted text.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Only after you solved your problem do I finally begin to understand what you wanted. You added the "DTS" and wanted to put the "<" on the other side of the "DTS" (or erase it entirely). And you figured it out. Good.

I can't understand if there's another problem or not. You know how to extract the video or BMP to add stuff (the "DTS" logo") or edit the video. And now you know how to extract the subpic BMP to edit that to erase and add symbols or letters/words. So I'm not sure what else you need to know.

If you need to change the shape or size of that green rectangle around "Hungarian/Magyar" in your first picture, or something similar in other DVDs, you do that in PGCEdit. Open the DVD. Highlight the menu (make it dark grey). Right-click that menu and hit "Menu Buttons". In the new "Menu Buttons" screen hit "Edit". In the new "Menu Editor" screen, adjust the size of the buttons. After finishing get back to the main screen, save your work, and test in a software DVD player before burning to disc.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    no, no, i can't extract it from dvdsubedit, and i can't add or change the text in it. i hace changed the bmp in pgcedit as you wrote and i put an a little pic on it, and i put it back with voblanker, but while i've been testing it i saw that the highlighted button, the last symbol hang into the part of the pic edited by me. i couldn't edit this part, so i've erased this symbol. but there are movies with highlighted text in menu that i would like to edit when i bring the mouse over it. but now i cannot do it. i ask for an advise to it.

i've changed the size of the button, but the place of the symbol hasn't changed.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Then I'm afraid I can't help. I don't quite understand what you want, and even if I did I'm not sure I'm knowledgeable enough to help. Sorry. If no one else here comes along to help, then my suggestion is to ask your questions (with pictures to help explain) over at Doom9, in the IFO/Vob Editors Forum:

http://forum.doom9.org/forumdisplay.php?f=50

There you'll find the developers of PGCEdit, VobBlanker, DVDSubEdit and many other smart people. If you've never registered there you'll have to wait 5 days after registering before posting.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    okay, thanx. i only want to change the highlighted text on buttons, or if it is a symbol, than it.
    Quote Quote  
  22. How do I add a button to an edited menu?

I added a subtitle to a DVD that didn't have any. I followed this guide
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic338721.html#1778185

I turned on the new subs with PGCEdit as manono suggested. Because it was 16:9 I added it twice per your instructions ("but a 16:9 DVD must have two, even if they're both the same.") DVD Folder is DVD9 DL .

I was thinking of adding Spanish Subtitles Yes, No to the audio setup menu which currently has Dolby 5.1, Dolby stereo & Dolby stereo (commentary)

So after editing the menu as described How do I setup the new Buttons so they will work?

Thank you, Joey
    Quote Quote  
  23. It's easy enough to add a button in the Menu Editor screen of PGCEdit. In addition you also have to edit both the menu itself (following this guide) and the underlying subpic. The easiest way to edit the subpic is to extract the BMP, edit it, and then replace it (extract/replace using DVDSubEdit). And you also have to create menu navigation commands for the new button - what'll happen when it's clicked. This is all fairly advanced stuff. Are you sure you won't be satisfied using the remote control to call the new subtitle? It's even pretty easy to make it play by default. Adding a working button to a menu is exponentially harder. I think somewhere in this thread is an explanation of how to do it. I think I can do it, but I've never done it, so I'm not sure I could walk you through it.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, just joined, and yes! Finally I've been looking all over for something like this! I'm a huge Godzilla fan, so I've got all the Region 2 DVDs from Japan, and this definitely helps! Now I can translate all my menus into English, and have the menus working!

Here is an example of a Region 2 DVD I re-did:

Before (Original Japanese)-

After (Re-edit English)-

This was definitely my first time doing this, and following the guide just perfectly made this possible!

I do have one question however, after I burned to DVD, the menu buttons do not "highlight" all the time when you select them, and sometimes they do. I also imported everything back using PGCEdit to saved the DVD, but did I miss a certain step if the menu buttons are not "highlighting" sometimes? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  25. They don't highlight when playing in the standalone? When testing using PowerDVD or some such? Because I do this kind of thing quite a bit and have never had that particular problem.

I take it these are still menus so you followed The Easy Way instructions at the bottom of the guide? Or are they motion menus?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, sometime's they do, and sometimes they don't, it's odd really. For example, I'll put the DVD into my XBox to play it, then sometime it won't highlight the button (so I don't know which ones I'm selecting). Then whenever I put the DVD into my computer, and select the buttons, they highlight a shade of "red" (like originally), with no problem at all. Maybe it's just depending on which player you put the disc in? And this is actual a still menu, (after a short intro clip leading into the still menu), but I didn't go the "easy way" instructions.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Oh, then although both ways should work, I'd suggest redoing it following The Easy Way and see if the result is any better. I'm sorry you're having trouble, but I don't really know what the problem could be.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, I'll take that into consideration following other kaiju DVDs that I re-author. I put the Gamera movie into my PS3, and it didn't have any problem with the buttons highlighting when selected, so I'm just assuming it's my XBox that won't make the button highlights come up. The DVD works in everything else though. Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is a new error I've been getting recently as well. I've got the newly re-authored DVD, works in my PS3 just fine. Now, after playing it in the PS3, and I take it out to play in my computer with Nero Showtime, all I receive is the follow message:

Any ideas
    Quote Quote  
  30. I'm not positive, but I believe that Nero is known to complain if there's no VIDEO_TS.VOB (which I always have PGCEdit remove). Do you have another software player on which to test - PowerDVD maybe? If not, try one of the free ones such as Media Player Classic Home Cinema or the VLC Player.

Personally, I don't use Nero for anything having to do with DVDs and would ignore anything it says, and I don't believe the warning/error has anything to do with the guide. I hope you burned to disc using ImgBurn. Also, a scratch or fingerprints on the disc might give an error message like that. But with a newly burned DVD I don't guess that's the reason. But as I suggested, test with other players.
    Quote Quote