VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all I am using a Sony DCR 109E camcorder and a Sony DV tape. I have footage of my son being a day old. When I play it back through the TV, PC and my freinds PC I hear a popping sound but most of all the audio fades all of a sudden as if i dubbed out a word, this only lasts for a slpit second and the audio then returns to normal, a few seconds later the dubbed effect then reappears and it lasts throughout the hole entire hour. It is very annoying.
    So any ideas on how to repair/clean the tape itself? Or do I count my losses.

Thankyou in advanced Josel
    Quote Quote  
  2. Count your losses. You could possibly go through and ampllify each drop out to attempt to match the rest using a audio editor like Audacity or Cool Edit, but the results probably won't be as clear as you'd like. Does this happen with everything you tape or just this one? Did you do the taping yourself or did someone else do it? Without more details of how the video was made, I suspect a problem with the built in mic and how the camera was handled while filming. It's possible that the mic solder joints are bad and that holding the cam at certain angles or vibrations can cause it to lose connection momentarily. Experiment and see if you can duplicate the problem, then try an external mic and see if the problem disappears. If so, exchange the camera or repair under warrenty.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote