VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been trying to rip shows off of nbc.com and can't seem to get it to work, i've WM Recorder and it wouldn't seem to work, i dont think it's me cause all you do is put in the url and click record and it tries a few times and then says download cancelled, if anyone knows how to do it with that program, or knows another that will definitly work on that site it would be greatly appreciated, thanks...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    post the link to the video so we can try it
    XP
    Intel Celeron D 335 Prescott 2.8GHz Socket 478 Pro
    600GB
    2G
    ATI Radeon X1600 Pro
    GIGABYTE GA-8I848P-G Socket 478 Intel 848P ATX Int
    Lite-On DVD SOHD-16P9S
    Hauppauge WINTV-PVR-150 PCI Interface Tuner Card
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    that's a flash file. there are ways to capture that stuff, but I am not familiar with such things!

EDIT - if you do capture it, no matter what you do, it's gonna look like crap. If you want to watch it I advise looking for someone who capped it.
    XP
    Intel Celeron D 335 Prescott 2.8GHz Socket 478 Pro
    600GB
    2G
    ATI Radeon X1600 Pro
    GIGABYTE GA-8I848P-G Socket 478 Intel 848P ATX Int
    Lite-On DVD SOHD-16P9S
    Hauppauge WINTV-PVR-150 PCI Interface Tuner Card
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can use Riva FLV Encoder (http://www.rivavx.com/?encoder)

Download the program. Then go to youtube or whatever website that has the video you need and watch the whole thing or wait for it to completely download. The file is saved into your Temporary Internet Files directory (you can access it from Internet Explorer by clicking Tools--Internet Options or finding it via Windows Explorer). Find the video file (sometimes named something.flv, but sometimes not). You load that file into the Riva FLV encoder, and then the trick is to change the output file into something.mpg or .avi. The program will encode to flv format or do the reverse like you are trying to do. I've done it a few times and it works fine.

Good luck!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just tried what you told me but it doesn't work for NBC. I looked in the Temporary Internet Files and there is no file other than jpg and cookies.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    From what I can tell, NBC videos lead to a SMIL. I downloaded that, but that's the end of my ability.

Can anyone make anything of this? It's an example of one of the SMIL's

<smil><head><meta base="" /> <layout><root-layout width="384" height="288" /></layout></head><body><switch><video src="nbcu/nbc/64_2074B74A_8BB5D_B1194_CD000_3BA864ADF_0500.flv" system-bitrate="500000" /><video src="nbcu/nbc/64_2074B74A_8BB5D_B1194_CD000_3BA864ADF_0300.flv" system-bitrate="300000" /><video src="nbcu/nbc/64_2074B74A_8BB5D_B1194_CD000_3BA864ADF_0150.flv" system-bitrate="150000" /><video src="nbcu/nbc/64_2074B74A_8BB5D_B1194_CD000_3BA864ADF_0035.flv" system-bitrate="35000" /><ref src="nbcu/nbc/64_2074B74A_8BB5D_B1194_CD000_3BA864ADF_0500.flv" /></switch></body></smil>

I can't get it to play all the way through, so cache searching is out of the question. Right now I just want to know if it's even download-able.

The full URL's seems to be http://video.nbcuni.com/nbc/smil/ --- then what's in the SMIL.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you want to record just the audio, try Total Recorder from highcriteria.com.

You can record from the app playing the sound or from your sound card itself.

I just tried recording the heroes commnetary from the app (IE) and it sounds great.

It is free to try or $18 to buy. (Unlicensed install puts in a short hiss noise once a minute).
    There is more to life than meets the microscope.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am also looking for a way to save a video file that is set up the same way.

http://video.nbc10.com/wcau/smil/64_301A0F66_99BAD_B11BF_D4000_3BA864ADF.smil

I got to that SMIL file and found this inside it:

<smil><head><meta base="" /> <layout><root-layout width="384" height="288" /></layout></head><body><switch><video src="nbcu/wcau/64_90ED0F8A_C6B2D_B119A_A4000_3BA864ADF_0500.flv" system-bitrate="500000" /><video src="nbcu/wcau/64_90ED0F8A_C6B2D_B119A_A4000_3BA864ADF_0300.flv" system-bitrate="300000" /><video src="nbcu/wcau/64_90ED0F8A_C6B2D_B119A_A4000_3BA864ADF_0150.flv" system-bitrate="150000" /><video src="nbcu/wcau/64_90ED0F8A_C6B2D_B119A_A4000_3BA864ADF_0035.flv" system-bitrate="35000" /><ref src="nbcu/wcau/64_90ED0F8A_C6B2D_B119A_A4000_3BA864ADF_0500.flv" /></switch></body></smil>

There has got to be a way to find what starts these flv addresses... I just can't figure it out. Nothing is impossible, there has to be a way to get these videos besides using something like snagit.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm...couldn't find that specific episode but I just DLed a clip from NBC's site using Replay AV 8. That seems to work for these FLV clips.....
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks to someone else on this site I found out the start of these NBC videos, they all seem to have a universal start.

rtmp://cp23371.edgefcs.net:1935/ondemand/

So put it together with the stuff in the SMIL files and this is the address to the episode that was originally asked about in this thread:

rtmp://cp23371.edgefcs.net:1935/ondemand/nbcu/nbc/64_2074B74A_8BB5D_B1194_CD000_3BA864ADF_0500.flv

You can play this link in FLV Player... now we just have to wait till someone makes a program that can record RTMP.

oldfart13, how did you go about downloading the clip? Was it something cached or is there a way to put a URL in and record it? I am unfamiliar with that program. Did the url have an RTMP address that you downloaded?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, it recorded into the temp folder and Replay was able to pick it up. I was then able to double click on it and Replay then DLed it. That was the clip for The Black Donnellys. I tried the Kidnapped pilot but though it shows in the URL finder, I was not able to DL it. I'll have to work on it as Replay AV is supposed to be able to do it....
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just downloaded the trial of that program. I'm glad you mentioned it, I like how easily it can pick up the urls in the cache. Although I didn't see any from the site I'm trying to get these RTMP videos from. I will definitely use it for a few other sites, it just makes the process much simpler.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A program to record these videos has been released. The demo only lets you save 75% of each clip. It's useless to me but I wanted to let everyone know who's been looking for a way. If you're willing to pay $40 and have a way to pay it on-line, then at least your RTMP recording troubles are over.

http://all-streaming-media.com/record-video-stream/Replay-Media-Catcher-HTTP-RTMP-FLV-...r-recorder.htm
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SPAM - the last poster dug up an old thread
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AFAIK Videolan Media Player supports streaming from rtmp. You could try to open the link in VLC and set conversion parameters. That way you should be able to stream and convert in about one step.

Haven't tried this myself yet, but maybe there's someone around who has a somewhat deeper insight.
    Das Leben ist eine Nebelwand voller Rasierklingen. (C. Bukowski)
    Quote Quote