VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Alright, I'm in a situation where I need to record to both VHS and DVD simultaneously and I was told there is a way to do that on this device, but I cannot figure it out for the life of me.

Anyone have any ideas or been able to achieve this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I gave it a try but if you start a recording on one side, it gives a message "cannot perform this function while recording" when you try to record from the other side. I tried it both directions, starting with recording to VHS first then dvd and then reversed. The source selection is locked once recording is started.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yeah, I know. That's the problem I've been having. I'm wondering if you can maybe set a program for one side to record from one input (input 1) and then start recording on the other input (input 2) using the other format?

That's something I'll be testing today.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The test didn't work either. The people who told me to buy this device because it recorded both simultaneously were full of crap man. There's simply no way to do it that I can see.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I was using a DMR-ES30V combo before the ES35V. The ES30V can do it, the ES35V cannot. See below from the ES30V manual,

Quote Quote  
  6. Yeah, I don't know why on earth they would have gotten rid of that capability. Stupid move there Panny.
    Quote Quote