VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    under the "Audio formats:" section, would it be possible to add radio buttons for Dolby Digital and dts decoder functionality?
    while researching info on purchasing a new player, i noticed folks (very rarely mentioning) that particular players don't support dts (this is the 21st century isn't it??). nice to know when digging deeper on the net on any particular model.

also, on the "Features:" area, does it have/support multiple video output? for example, 2 of my older Sony players have 2 S-Video outs and 2 composite( ) outs as well as 2 analog audio outputs.
    it would be nice to know if other players have this feature as well for multi-monitor/multi-room viewing.

thanks
    "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research." - Steven Wright
    "Megalomaniacal, and harder than the rest!"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by xylob
    i noticed folks (very rarely mentioning) that particular players don't support dts (this is the 21st century isn't it??). nice to know when digging deeper on the net on any particular model.
    Good point. My spare dvd player the Cyberhome 300 model doesn't do DTS. I think a lot of the cheaper no-name models don't support DTS. My guess is its a licensing fee they don't want to pay for.

And the output availability would be a nice touch as well.

Good suggestion
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313
    Originally Posted by xylob
    i noticed folks (very rarely mentioning) that particular players don't support dts (this is the 21st century isn't it??). nice to know when digging deeper on the net on any particular model.
    Good point. My spare dvd player the Cyberhome 300 model doesn't do DTS. I think a lot of the cheaper no-name models don't support DTS. My guess is its a licensing fee they don't want to pay for.

And the output availability would be a nice touch as well.

Good suggestion
    Really ??
    Both my kids cyberhome 300's will play DTS audio & they have digital coaxial outputs.
    They are both at least 2 & 3 years old.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ????

I'll have to check again - I thought it was dd only....

EDIT - You know I just remembered I did play TWISTER with dts on it the other week - I forgot
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck
    ...& they have digital coaxial outputs.
    oh yeah....
    one other thing

under the "Audio formats:" section, radio buttons for coax and optical for the digital?

I sure do want a lot!!
    "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research." - Steven Wright
    "Megalomaniacal, and harder than the rest!"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There does seem to be a disturbing trend among some "low budget" DVD players to exclude DTS support.

Even the Philips DVP-5140 and more expensive DVP-5960 lack DTS support.

Very odd.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are also a few low budget models that don't offer digital (optical or coax) output, just stereo RCA. All DD is down mixed to stereo outputs only.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote