VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !

Poll: What ticks you off on an average day?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So what bugs you the most during a regular day?

Getting up early?

Traffic?

Loud people?

I think loud/rude people grate me the most.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Freeway tailgaters, pickup trucks that have to do 100mph or will be late to work (hint: leave earlier *******), rude people who demand instead of ask. Loud people in public places.

Other than that every day is a holiday!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    People that expect me to hurry because they or the job is behind due to no fault of mine. You want me to work twice as fast to help you out of a hole? Pay me twice as much!
    IS IT SUPPOSED TO SMOKE LIKE THAT?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A-holes and their cell phones. Either the ones who have to talk and drive (badly) at the same time or the ones who leave work, get on the train, whip out the cell phone and proclaim to the person on the other end HEY I JUST GOT ON THE TRAIN!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1: Drivers over 70 who cant see over their own steering wheel ... over 80 should be shot .
    2: Yoyo drivers on freeways who should pull over and let others past
    3: Drivers that take up 2 or more parking space's
    4: Drivers who dont know what the ? indicators are used for .
    5: Stupid drivers who fail to stay put till round about is clear on their exit .
    6: Over staying parking time restriction's
    7: Not slowing down in speed restricted work zone's ... I am sick of stone chips stuffing my vehicle up

Basically the serious lack of thought for other road user's get's my goat up ... I know where I am going , so get out of the way ... go do that some other time will you's .

It's half the reason I just bought an 80 series landcruiser ... get out of my way , I'm coming through , ready or not .

The other is to go over round abouts ... why else buy a four wheel drive "all the time" unit .

Soon to run on olive oil (svo)

----------------

8: Finding out there is no sugar for my morning coffee makes me a grumpy bugger all day ... I need two cups minimum

8a : No coffee at all , and offered tea ... if it aint bushels , its war .

9: Being the only one on time when something important has to be done ... drive from act to melbourne to pickup a vehicle , complete kitchens , and more ... or from sydney ... weddings ...

----------------

10: Being bugged to go out after midnight to a broken down vehicle ... I am not a 24 hour garage .

----------------

11: Waiting for parts that should have only taken days to be delivered ... If I wait more than 2 months , I drive to canberra and get the things myself and blast the other fellow till their ears bleed .

---------------

12: Being the number one trouble shooter in region ... you name it , if it's damaged , broken , not working ... they take it to "so called" repair's more than twice and get ripped off ... they then turn up here once and it's fixed for life of the component .

Mechanic , Mouldings , Plumber , Carpenter , Engineer (buildings , heavy vehicles and machinery) ... you need a gear or sprocket cut from new ... , Builder , Farmer (fencing , sheds , pumps , tractor's , ect)

Nope , have not built a bridge yet , a boat yes ... might do that next year on my new farm .

I have learnt all this from a variety of work over 20 years ... only 1 tafe certificate .

I am putting it down to something in the water making people stupid ... I personally wouldnt drink the stuff unless it was filtered and had the crap boiled out of it .

13: Next doors guitar twanging ... after 24 months it now resembles something I can atleast live with

14: People who use power tools , lawnmowers before 8.00am on any given day ... they cop it from me full blast ... no language hold back ... it's full on ... inconsiderate people will not be tolerated at all .

And this is every day ... watching the simpsons and futurama at the end of day helps to remove the stress of all the bs I have too deal with each day .

-----------------

15: Showing people more than 8 time's how to do something , step by step , and they still dont get it , and ask me if I can do it for them , when they need it done , even though I have written a guide on their pc that clearly explains the process's involved with many clear picture's , and I have installed the tool's for them .

Now that take's the gold medal ...

16: Tailgaters ... I now have a light fitted to rear of vehicle for those idiots who dont know how to turn off high beam at night when they are behind you .

I also had a camera system installed in the rear of my land cruiser which is activated when I think a vehicle breach's this dangerous practice ... the video footage is taken to local police station and I press charges .

Why some poeple need to be that close at 110km for more than 3 minutes , on sub standard roads ... They must be late for there own funerals .... nope , just plain stupid and dangerous .

My new vehicle is what I call a boulder chucker ... it dosent throw stones up ... so back right off .

17: Idiots that use mobile phones while driving .

18: The above , and fiddling with their cd players whilst talking to others in the car .

Do us a favour , get up to 110km , and throw them out the window ... your supposed to pay attention to the road and others around you ... and your vehicle guages ... like temp guage / fuel / oil ... and brake fail lamp .

Many of those broken down on the side of the road obviously were not paying attention to their vehicles needs ...

-----------------

Time for more coffee ...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No wonder this forum sucks = coz ****wits vote for "LOUD & RUDE PEOPLE".

Which pretty much labels you MAJORITY as ****en yuppies.

Crawl back into your narrow world, sleepwalkers. Go back to sleep. Poofs.

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning.
    As this isn't the first time, and you've been warned before - here's a new warning.
    / Moderator mats.hogberg
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @mattso:Pipe down and wash your mouth (keyboard?) with soap and water. That language is a direct violation of the AUP.
    You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned
    /Mats
    Quote Quote  
  8. The only thing that ticks me off on an average day is my own incompetence, stupidity or clumsiness. I generally don't get ticked at other people unless they attack me in some way. (Of course there are exceptions, but not usually on an "average" day.)
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ignorant people who think they have been educated but haven't. Many are credentialed but a diploma or license no longer certifies the ability to think, or any body of common knowledge.

The educators who deliberately turn out these dolts.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Having to listen to my next door neighbour's dog howling all day because it is locked up in the house alone while said neighbour is at work. Why have a dog if you're not there to look after it?
    Cole
    Quote Quote  
  11. What bothers me is Sales calls on the phone, especially the recorded calls.

I now wait til the end of the rcording to tie up their calling equipment. If I hang up it go right to the next number. Then I press whatever it wants to talk to a real person....

Then when they come on a Ask them do they want to buy a computer or just have one repaired. If they ask what? I say, Hey you called a computer store, we sell, we don't buy.

Some just chuckle and say I'll remove your number, others rwally hate wasting their time and hang up.... Hmmm.. The first ones that chuckle got it. the others didn't get it. They wasted my time so I returned the favor.

And sometimes if I'm feeling grumpy when they come on the line I just ask them do you know why I'm talking to you? You wasted my time so I'm tieing up your phone equipment and returning the favor.

And if I'm home and see from the Caller ID it's a sales call. I answer in bright voice, Hello, You have reached a Non buying from phone calls home.

If they still feel like talking, I tell them further we have a policy to never buy based on phone calls. One bright fellow said how about if I come buy to talk about our Home Improvement service? To which I replied but you already knocked yourself out of the running by cold calling.

Or the Lawn service that wanted to improve my homes value by working on the lawn. To which I replied, Are you crazy! Increase the value so they can raise the taxes. I want to lower the value and taxes.... He finally got the hint. Like I want the grass to grow so I have to mow it oftener.

Hanging up on sales calls automated or live just lets them move on. Do a public service for other, tie them up as long as you can.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I work as a technical support agent for a mortgage software company and people keep asking us for help with software that we do not make and they do not freaking understand why we will not help them.
    Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How about Bad Drivers!
    http://www.absolutevisionvideo.com

BLUE SKY, BLACK DEATH!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm usually in a good mood, but I HATE narcissistic jerks. You know the ones: Control freaks. Narcissists have extremely high opinions of themselves, and think people should worship them for their "specialness." They're immature, constantly nagging and complaining, finding fault with everyone and everything. They feel entitled to special treatment and are convinced they're above the law, including the rules in their place of employment. They're disruptive, poor team members, and rarely collaborate with others without being cantankerous. In truth they're delusional morons who should move to another planet (like the Sun).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    To be precise: people who are addicted to their cell phones. I refer to the cell phone as the Californian cigarette. Here in CA, where smoking is highly prohibited, it seems people make calls on their cell phones at the same instances where most smokers are compelled to have a cigarette.
    Usually long gone and forgotten
    Quote Quote  
  16. Lotus Notes
    John Miller
    enosoft - high performance tools for music and video

Home of the Enosoft DV Processor - Free for personal use!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    People suffering from ADD, followed closely by cell phone interruptions... FamilyMan, I empathise.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Rude people without a doubt.

Fixing peoples computers is quite the chore these days, complaining how much you charge, then expecting something for nothing and making out they are doing you the favour. The worse one i have had is, some ****stomer actually moaned that i was going to be at their own house for a couple of hours.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Other guys (well it seems to mostly be guys) saying anything directly to me related to sporting events as if I give a flying **** who did or did not win "the game" last night.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  20. BJ posted about driving in downunder. The condition is US is not much better. I was reading the self parking lexus(See : http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2006/09/ls_460_parking.html ) and come accross this :

"We've already bred a generation of drivers who can't stop short without ABS, can't stay on the road without a stability system and can't drive at all without an automatic transmission."

Note : Hmm, that's actual means me !
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SingSing
    BJ posted about driving in downunder. The consition is US is not much better. I was reading the self parking lexus, and come accross this :

"We've already bred a generation of drivers who can't stop short without ABS, can't stay on the road without a stability system and can't drive at all without an automatic transmission."

See : http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2006/09/ls_460_parking.html
    I hate people who insist to drive a stick shift because they somehow think it is a more "pure" driving experience.

I once had a family member (with more money than I'll ever see) who had to argue with a car dealership to special order an automatic chevy corvette.

If I ever buy a high performance sports car I'll be doing the same LOL :P

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Lame Polls
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I hate it when my bus connections don't match up(I have to take 3 differnt busses on my way to school in the morning). i just get to stand there in the freezing cold(by Vancouver standards anyways), dangerously undercaffinated, and thinking "what the hell am i doing here, i should be at home in bed!"

ps. what a pessimistic poll Yoda, did you have a bad day or soemthing? :P
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by Soopafresh
    People suffering from ADD
    I am okay then because I have ADHD.
    Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by grimey
    ps. what a pessimistic poll Yoda, did you have a bad day or soemthing?
    Nah just thought I'd get some more posts with this topic than I have been lately - with the exception being the superhero poll of course
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hast to be loud and rude people. I don't like competition
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I selected the write-in option and I choose negative self-pitying people.

You know the type... nothing ever goes their way, they can't get a break... blah,blah,blah

I hate that. No one ever gave me anything either, you know? I had to earn everything I ever got and I worked hard for it. Don't treat me like I lead a "charmed" life because I spent my time DOING instead of COMPLAINING!
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Epicurus8a
    I'm usually in a good mood, but I HATE narcissistic jerks. You know the ones: Control freaks. Narcissists have extremely high opinions of themselves, and think people should worship them for their "specialness." They're immature, constantly nagging and complaining, finding fault with everyone and everything. They feel entitled to special treatment and are convinced they're above the law, including the rules in their place of employment. They're disruptive, poor team members, and rarely collaborate with others without being cantankerous. In truth they're delusional morons who should move to another planet (like the Sun).

Ouch! Do you know me?
    IS IT SUPPOSED TO SMOKE LIKE THAT?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ZAPPER,
    Not unless your initials are B.W.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    People in front of me at the checkout who couldn't be a**ed to place the "next customer please" notice on the conveyor belt so I have to wait until they've left before I can unload my shopping trolley.
    Quote Quote