VideoHelp Forum

Poll: What ticks you off on an average day?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. I think that this is a good poll yoda313.

I voted for "loud and rude people" because they have no respect for anyone but themselves.They are selfish and I hate that.I was brought up with respect and am proud of it (always say thankyou epecially if someone trys to help you out.) There are far too many people in my town that are loud and rude,it makes me mad and I have to try and control my temper which is very hard.It seems that as the years past there are more and more of these people about.

I really wanted to vote for "life in general - mine sucks" aswell because for personal reasons,big health problems ect.... including the rude people that p*ss me off,its sucks at the moment but i have to think that there are lots of people worse off than me for example there are people that dont even get to drink clean water let alone afford a PC and HDTV or people that are blind,have a very serious illness eg aids or cancer ect...
    ~Luke~
    Quote Quote  
  2. People who ram into the back of my ankles/achilles tendon with their carts while on line at the grocery store. Because I didnt move up that 0.000215547 of an inch closer to the register, you feel the need to bump me? I usually respond with "donkey kicking" the cart right back into them, then turning around and saying "**** off."

An addendum to this: Im normally a VERY easy going guy and rarely get upset about things.

Oh .. and red lights. Canada should adopt the premise of the Autobahn
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Women stalkers. The police/buddies/everyone just laugh at you and think you're a wussy.

Guess which one I voted for!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For choices that would have gotten my vote ...

1 ... Co-Workers at work ... well actually ... I've got one co-worker at work who I'm not getting along with. Definitely a trouble maker.

2 ... Slow driving vehicles ... yes yes ... leave earlier ... I hate the persons that follow behind vehicles ... with a huge gap on a busy road ... I want to pass them but I cant ... too much on coming traffic ... but cars coming off the side roads will jump out and get in front of them ... so now I've got two cars in front of me.

I have to travel about 15 miles on Highway 43 ... before I can get on Freeway 99 ... if a 18 wheeler truck is in front of me ... I'm screwed. If you pass the vehicle ... and a CHP is watching with his Radar ... he gives you a ticket for the speed needed to pass the slow moving vehicle.

And then on Freeway 99 ... there are 3 lanes ... packed with cars and trucks. Too much traffic ... a 4th lane would be helpful.

3 ... Phone calls ... wanting to offer a great deal on my house equilty and other phone calls.

4 ... phone calls on my cell phone ... displaying "Private"

1A ... right now I'm pissed at that co-worker ... he ... FLAMED ME ... in the log book ... for everybody to read. I added a comment in the log book on Monday that there was not enuff lunches available for the clients to take with them for work or for there job search. This co-worker wrote in large words ...

ATTN! Gary if you would keep the doors locked going into the back office the lunches wouldn't disappear ....

I came back to work on Thursday at 3:30 PM ... to know this was in the log book for the last couple of days for everybody to read ... not cool ...

My response placed in the log book ... "When I came in to start my shift ... 12 midnite ... the lunches were already gone ... !!

As some of you might have guessed ... I'm not in a good mood.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stewiegriffin711
    Women stalkers. The police/buddies/everyone just laugh at you and think you're a wussy.
    Right there with ya. Been through it myself. "Being pestered by a 13 yr old girl are you? Good looking is she? Wish I had half your luck." Luckily for me I eventually found a policewoman who took my complaint seriously and the trouble stopped after that.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Epicurus8a .. please refer to BJs first post.....
    then come out fighting in your underpants!
    Americanisms like "ticks you off" instead of " upsets or disturbs you"
    Ticks are written marks on a sheet or bloodsucking insects, or bloody insect marks on your sheets.

To be ticked off, literally, when you come back from Patrol in Vietnam was a good thing.
    To be ticked off, when you reach the Pearly Gates, to get into heaven ??
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Imprecise cooking instructions.

You buy a packet of rice. The instructions say "boil for 15-20 mins". Which is it, 15 mins or 20 mins? After 15 mins the pan is still full of water, after 20 mins the rice is burnt into the pan. If they mean 17.5 mins why can't they just say that? Is this for the benefit of women who can't understand precise instructions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ntscuser
    Imprecise cooking instructions.

You buy a packet of rice. The instructions say "boil for 15-20 mins". Which is it, 15 mins or 20 mins? After 15 mins the pan is still full of water, after 20 mins the rice is burnt into the pan. If they mean 17.5 mins why can't they just say that? Is this for the benefit of women who can't understand precise instructions?
    That reminds me of a recent ad (I can't remember if it is a TV or radio ad) where the husband is trying to cook something and the directions give various settings based on altitude (I've seen this myself on mostly microwave packages of food or so it seems) and the husband is like, "Honey what's our altitude?"

LOL

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  9. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Not much ticks me off anymore. Traffic used to when I spent every day crossing town in the morning, and back again in the afternoon. But now that I don't, I'm pretty mellow
    Quote Quote