VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey I have an XviD file that was converted from an x264 video (mp4) and aac audio.
    To make this work on my divx player i needed to convert the x264 mp4 to XviD - which i've done fine
    but the audio - when it is left at aac with my XviD it is perfectly in sync etc..but it doesn't work on my divx player (unsupported audio)
    then i tried ac3 - this stays in sync but the sound is VERY low - iv'e heard this is normal - when i put it in my divx player it says unsupported video :S
    at first i obviously tried to convert to mp3 (which def works on my divx player) - but this goes out of sync for some reason (i've ben told that it shouldn't)

is there a way i can easily convert aac to mp3 so that it stays in sync etc.. - and also so that i have a decent quality of sound - which can be heard clearly and no crackling or anything etc..
    my divx player is new and it supports other xvids with mp3 audio that i have --->i convert my family vid to xvid with mp3 and it always works fine

i'v ebeen told to use foobar but i get some error when i use that - and the settings look quite complex

Thanks for any help as this is the last stage of my encoding - i thought that video would be the hard part - never thought the audio would do this...

Many thanks guys
    Parypv
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    Have you tried using VideoReDo for your sync problem.
    Excellent software for that sort of thing and they have a trial download.

Fred
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey thanks for the reply Fred
    I tried this but it doesn't work.
    It only opens MPEG's no audio files - my original mp4s or my encoded avi can't open with it.
    My icon says VideoReDo Pro..i'm sure i grabbed just VideoReDo - is there a difference between the both?
    If not have you got any other suggestions so that i can convert my aac to good quality mp3 and so it stays in sync with my XviD like the original aac does...?

Thanks
    Parypv
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    any more suggestions please? i'm almost there!

Thanks guys
    Parypv
    Quote Quote