VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was carrying the camcorder by the tripod it was connected to and the damn tripod broke and the camcorder fell and bounced once or twice on the kitchen floor. now the playback is so messed up i cant capture anything. it seems to be video taping but am unable to determine whether it is messed up as well. but i did play tapes from before the incident and they play horribly messed up to.

has any else done this and if so what did u do to fix it?

did you have a repair shop do it? if so you what was the cost?

is there a simple way to adjust the head?

any ideas welcome?

I could of swore i got some kind of insurance with this camera. i remember discussing it with the sales chick at walmart???? anyone remember such a thing?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Unless you have a warranty of some sort ... kiss it good bye and buy a new one.

A camcorder has too many delicate parts to be easily ... or cheaply ... fixed.

However if WALMART still sells that same model/amke of camcorder you could buy a new one ... take it out of the box ... put the one you dropped in it in the box ... and return it for a refund or get another and sell it on eBay.

But that would be unethical. Wouldn't it?

Yes it is so I would never suggest something like that 8)

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by FulciLives
    Unless you have a warranty of some sort ... kiss it good bye and buy a new one.

A camcorder has too many delicate parts to be easily ... or cheaply ... fixed.

However if WALMART still sells that same model/amke of camcorder you could buy a new one ... take it out of the box ... put the one you dropped in it in the box ... and return it for a refund or get another and sell it on eBay.

But that would be unethical. Wouldn't it?

Yes it is so I would never suggest something like that 8)

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    even if he have a warranty it will not cover damage due to abuse, mishandling,, accident, leaking batteries, exterior nicks, scratches or dents, electrical current fluctuations, failure to follow operating instructions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Quote Quote