VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys,

I have problems burning DVDs on my DVR 633. There is only one type of DVDs I purchesed from Walmart, MEMOREX which works form me. No others. I tried another model of Memorex, I tried Sony, Phillips. The recording starts and after about 5 -10 mins I get an error saying "Cannot complete copy". With my old DVDs it works, but I have no more and Walmart is not carying them anymore, so I have to switch.

Any idea of what can be wrong?

Thanks,
    ne@
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did the problem start as soon as you tried another DVD brand?

I've used Sony, Memorex and JVC without any problems.

Only other thing i can think of is to make sure you are using DVD-R and not DVD+R.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My Pioneer DVR-531H-s (which is from the same production year as the 533/633 models) has been very iffy when it comes to burning.

I can't seem to get it to burn to a DVD-R and it has become very tempermental as to what DVD-RW discs it will work with.

And I've tried good stuff ... Old MIJ Maxell 8x DVD-R ... Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD-R ... Taiyo Yuden 16x DVD-R ... Verbatim 16x DVD-R etc.

It was working a long time with some Maxell DVD-RW discs but now doesn't like them for some reason. It fails to INITIALIZE them. In fact I'm down to one TDK that still works (2x DVD-RW) so I need to get some more (I guess TDK brand) DVD-RW discs.

I even tried a CD/DVD lens cleaner disc and that didn't seem to help.

Thankfully I prefer to go DVD-RW as I like to RIP to the computer and re-author with TMPGEnc DVD Author and burn a DVD-R on the computer. Then I re-use the DVD-RW.

But with a single DVD-RW working now ... it slows things down a bit LOL

Thank god for the built-in HDD

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote