VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi friends

I have very diffenret question here. Please someone help me to out.

I have a VCD that contain various folder with MPEGAV folder (a screen shot is enclosed herewith) but i cant seeing any .Dat file or media file in inside and also when i inserted the VCD in computer, a USL player windows open and play the movie. And when i use to burn the image of the same VCD a error is showing "invalid track mode". How can i copy the VCD and media file to my Hard disk.

thanks for help

~Work Hard ~
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There's an autorun file there that probably is stopping you. It may have permanently installed itself in your system.
    If it's temporary, perhaps you can prevent it from loading by holding "SHIFT" while inserting the disk.

Personally I disable autorun, it rarely does anything I want, and often things like this that I don't.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by AlanHK
    Personally I disable autorun, it rarely does anything I want, and often things like this that I don't.
    Sound advice there. Yet another Widows default setting that should be reversed, like "Hide extension of known file types".

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Indianguy077 - Guys from India post all the time here about copy protected VCDs. To be blunt, most of us who are interested in VCD actually live in places where VCDs aren't manufactured and we aren't particularly interested in Indian VCDs. That is not meant to insult Indian movies at all, but simply to explain that we don't have any Indian copy protected VCDs to use for reference, so it makes it hard to help.

I have read that some Indian VCDs install a program on the PC to prevent a PC from playing the VCD. This is what AlanHK is talking about. If you can remove this program from your PC, you MAY be able to copy the VCD. There has been some talk too that Indian VCDs may have deliberately corrupted sector information on the disc to make it hard to copy them, but again, since most of us don't have any Indian VCDs to look at, that is only a guess. This technique is used to copy protect audio CDs sometimes. I think there is a thread near the top of the (S)VCD Authoring section that talks about copy protecting VCDs and a guy talks about a way to corrupt sector information to make it very difficult to copy a VCD. If you are able to remove the program from your PC that the VCD loaded and the VCD still won't copy, take a look at that thread as it might provide some helpful information on a way to get around corrupted sectors.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Googling for some of the filenames lead first to
    http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?101671
    which is about trying to RIP a Hindi VCD.

That mentions the manufacturer USL India.

Their web page says: http://www.uslindia.com/disckeeper_video.html
    DiscKeeper Video is USL India's original highly reliable video CD copy protection.
    ... DiscKeeper Video uses anti-copying technology based on an irreproducible digital signature to prevent physical copying, and also hides the file.
    So that's what you're fighting against. Those DKP* files must be part of DiscKeeper.

But for it to be playable on a standard VCD player, it can't be encrypted, just obfuscated so that it bends normal standards, so there must be some way of extracting the video files.

I'm sure there must be Indian forums that you can get more specific help, maybe some equivalent of DVDDecrypter.
    Quote Quote  
  6. How can I disable all autoplay, instead of one type at a time ?

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Google for "disable autorun" and you'll get more hits than you're likely to read in a year.
    This is one of the more comprehensive pages.
    /Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could try AnyDVD (it's got a 21-day free trial) and it supposedly is good at dealing with bad sectors. Try also poking around at Afterdawn.com. Perhaps Alcohol 120% will work, as it is used on game CDs with similar protection mechanisms. There are guides both here and on Afterdawn that might help. Let us know how you fare.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by AlanHK
    Googling for some of the filenames lead first to
    http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?101671
    which is about trying to RIP a Hindi VCD.

That mentions the manufacturer USL India.

Their web page says: http://www.uslindia.com/disckeeper_video.html
    DiscKeeper Video is USL India's original highly reliable video CD copy protection.
    ... DiscKeeper Video uses anti-copying technology based on an irreproducible digital signature to prevent physical copying, and also hides the file.
    So that's what you're fighting against. Those DKP* files must be part of DiscKeeper.

But for it to be playable on a standard VCD player, it can't be encrypted, just obfuscated so that it bends normal standards, so there must be some way of extracting the video files.

I'm sure there must be Indian forums that you can get more specific help, maybe some equivalent of DVDDecrypter.
    Hi AlanHK
    Thanks for sharing that above Indian site link, that is exactly the same, I mean they protect a VCD by some Disckeeper technique, but I m still to find any solution to copy from that Protech CD.

Hope someone help me.

tnx
    ~Work Hard ~
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    CD's are actually easier to protect than DVD's from my experience....my experience with a VW Navigation CD protected with something similar to Disckeeper.
    I've tried quite a few programs and many techniques with no luck. This navigation CD is not copyable by me....you may just need to face the same fact in your scenario.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hello

I m still unable to copy....Anyone help me in this matter.
    ~Work Hard ~
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Assuming the cd is not scratched badly-let the player run after loading vcd. Try with isobuster as suggested earlier by mats.hogberg-if it shows you the .dat files-you are through. If I can't get the files out of a vcd with isobuster-i can't get them out any other way.
    Also, i have not come across indian vcd so far from the legit vcd manufacturers which cannot be ripped with isobuster as long as it is not scratched or at the most lightly scratched.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by mgh
    Assuming the cd is not scratched badly-let the player run after loading vcd. Try with isobuster as suggested earlier by mats.hogberg-if it shows you the .dat files-you are through. If I can't get the files out of a vcd with isobuster-i can't get them out any other way.
    Also, i have not come across indian vcd so far from the legit vcd manufacturers which cannot be ripped with isobuster as long as it is not scratched or at the most lightly scratched.
    Hi to all

The CD (VCD) is not scrateched, and when i insert in drive it begin playing with a auto enabled media player type. I also tried Isobuster.. but that is not working or give some errors, i m also enclsoding Isobuster is screen shot for ready reference & the main Important thing is i m also giving here the VCD Creater's Site they telling they procted the Data (software/video/song etc) on CD here the link :
    Code:
    http://www.uslindia.com/
    Thanks

~Work Hard ~
    Quote Quote  
  14. 2nd screen shot is ;

~Work Hard ~
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Click on the +iso icon as shown in second pic-you will get the correct mpegav folder
    else you can right click on track02 in first pic-extract track..-extract video only.....
    The video should get extracted. track 01 is navigation or cd producer's blurb.
    all the best
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i am also haveing the same problem. can not open or play the video cd
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have had some luck using a Mac to copy such discs. If the methods suggested by the other posters do not work for you (did you actually try any of them?), perhaps using a Mac will. Using a sector-by-sector copy method, the target disc will have exactly the same structure as the original, and thus behave exactly the same as the original. That's the most literal form of copying, and if that's what you want to accomplish, that's one method that might work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    there are plenty of bit copying programs for a pc, clonecd, cdrwin, alcohol120, etc. almost any burning program any will copy the cd if you check "ignore errors". but, since they will make an exact copy with the bad sector in the same place, it will get no closer to being able to play or extract the mpg.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  19. someone mentioned this potentially installing something on the user's PC to keep them from seeing the correct file. This sounds remarkably like Sony's Rootkit fiasco a year or two ago. This would have installed via autorun the first time anyone inserted one of these copied discs into this computer. If you have access to another computer, one which has not been used to play VCDs, make sure autorun is off on that computer and insert the cd there and poke around. If you do not see the correct file on that machine, then it is likely a bad sector, or corrupt TOC protection scheme. If you do see the file on that other computer, there it is something like Sony's rootkit protection. If this is the case, do some Googling and you may find a way to remove it, or, barring that, if the file is really there, but some software under windows explorer is preventing it from being seen, try snagging one of the free linux based VMWare "appliance" files from their site as well as the free VMWare player. you may be able to read the disc properly under linux, and you will not have to worry about it installing anything in the VM. Just some thoughts.

Good Luck
    Bill
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Indianguy077,
    "Hello

I m still unable to copy....Anyone help me in this matter.
    _________________"

Download and copy into your program files folder (not "install") with a shortcut to it on the desktop, or the start menu or the Quick Launch bar this version of mpclassic.
    http://postdownload.filefront.com/9849396//dd8ced1959e0133614fb3296e35547f8457ec005974...4ea15084fc3252
    Using explore on the disk, find a Dat file (it will be read only- which is why you can't copy it to hard drive with widows copy) and open it with mpclassic. Save the movie clip with 'Save-as mpg', and label it appropriately in sequence. Do the same with the others and you are ok to go.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe your post will help somebody else, but Indianguy077's last post was more than two years ago, so hopefully he found an answer before now.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There are so many way to be complicated aren't there? Yes. I expected it would be for anyone who had the question....
    Quote Quote  
  23. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Indianguy077 last logged into our forums in Nov. 2006, so diarbealol, you're not likely to get a response from him.

We've had other threads since then on this subject. Since I have no Indian VCDs, nor do most of us who are actually interested in VCD, we have no way to test this. I recall another thread after this one that talked about the same subject and I think it had some better advice on what was going on to do this copy protection and maybe some ways to defeat it. You can search other threads in this forum and maybe you can find the answers you need.
    Quote Quote