VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a panasonic DMR-ES46V dvd/vcr recorder and a Proscan dvd player is there a way to view a dvd from the proscan and copy to the panasonic i have tried alot and no luck
    i have both going to a hdtv with a cable box

thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. Newbie needs to spend perhaps 30 seconds doing basic research.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A commercial dvd with copy protection... I kinda doubt it. A home-made dvd.... then yes. Hook up the output cables from the player to the input plugs on the recorder. Choose the proper INPUT on the recorder, then record. A better way would be to simply make a copy of the disk with your computer using a disk copy program like Nero.

Making a copy of a commercial DVD/CD is illegal unless you own the dvd/cd in the first place. If you own it then it is called 'making a backup'.

Making backups of your own home-made dvds is, like I said above, better if done with a computer instead of a dvd player then recorded to another disk. With the computer disk copy routine you loose no quality if the files will fit onto the blank media. With the play/record method you will more than likely take a hit in quality.

Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  4. jamdj,

Firstly, welcome to VideoHelp!

You may not get many replies with the subject you have given your thread. Many users tend to pass over threads that don't describe the issue. It also makes searching harder for those with a similar issue in the future.

Make sure you are logged in, then go to your post and click the "Edit" button. You can then change your subject to something more descriptive.

Many thanks!

Cobra
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the reply

sorry i am new to this site and dvd recording on a standalone unit i have one on my computer.

does the good ones have a hard drive so you can rip a dvd to the unit and record to dvd
    i dont even know if this one has one
    Quote Quote  
  6. If you insist on just making a backup of the main movie, you would need a box like the Sima color corrector between the player and the recorder. The Panasonic 45/46V have circuitry to detect copy protection and stops the recorder if it detects it. The Sima or similar has a side effect of removing the signal used in preventing the backup process.

If you want a near perfect backup with menus, etc. then yes a computer backup would be better. The Guides on this site are very helpful in this regard.
    Panasonic DMR-ES45VS, keep those discs a burnin'
    Quote Quote