VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently bought an Ilo DVDR04 at wall mart for $63 because it was a demo. But I was not aware that I would need the remote to use it for recording....or do I? I can get a replacement remote for $33 which puts my total investment at $99 and I am wondering if it is a good enough machine for this much investment. BUT...I would like to be able to test the recording ability before throwing more money down the rat hole. When I try to test the recording I have the problem that my source is on chanel 3 and the tuner on the recorder is on chanel 2. Is there a way that I can use the front panel buttons to change the tuner chanel to chanel 3? I have tested the play function and it works fine except that I canot change chapters without the remote...I think, I cant???

I may be able to return it to WalMart since they did not tell me that I needed a remote to run it so I think it is un-usable and I have until Nov 2nd (90 days) to return it.

But there seems to be a lot of people who are hacking them and asking about them so it may be worth the $99 to keep it??

Any suggestions will be greatfully accepted.
    Quote Quote  
  2. YES the 04 is worth it
    Yes you can control the ilo from the front pannel [not all functions] but is a pain.
    You mention Hack, the 04 is the last of the units that can be hacked. The use of a hack would depend on your requirements.
    $33 wow. Try this site. [also look at ebay]

http://store.litetrek.com/recoforilodv.html

Go here
    http://www.techolio.com/forums/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=377ca80e560d6f72c755e11b645891c0

http://www.normediasolutions.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

http://www.ncc2315.com/ilo/

Look at the last site the R04 can very easly also operate as a LiteOn 5005x and burn a - disk.
    I do so with my R04
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, I just ordered on of those $13 remotes. Looks like a winner.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    just fyi, the tuner on these machines has mono audio. If you use the back panel connectors AV/S-vid/optical/ etc you can get terrific results. It is an 8X recorder, I've been using the cakebox housebrand 8X DVD +Rs from OfficeMax- they work great.
    Here's another place that deals with mods- its identical internally to the original Lite-On 5005.
    http://ccgi.mgillespie.plus.com/liteon/smf/index.php#3

If there were ever going to be 'collectible' DVDRs, this would be one; and you got a great deal. Be sure to send in the warranty card tho...
    Quote Quote  
  5. The tuner in these machines is Mono. In my opinion are very good but if stereo is desired another tuner must be used and can be.
    The front panel jacks can have a hum caused by the display
    I have two ilo RHD04 and two R04 units and one LiteOn 5045. The ilo’s had originally DDW 451 DVD drives. The later R04 had a 8x drive but were listed at 4x. The 5045 had 813s Drives listed at 8X
    All my ilo units have had 451, 813, 1633, and 1693 drives but now have the original 451.
    The liteOn 5054 had a 813 but it would not close properly [to be fixed] and now has a 1693s. The 1693 is a 16x drive.
    All these drives worked very well with all functions.
    The copy time, for a 2 hr program on the ilo is approx. 15 to 20 min. The 5045 [May] be 2 min or less fast, this is with 4x, 16x disks, with any of the above drives.
    The drive burn speed in these units would appear to be controlled regardless of the drives top speed.
    While I have had no major problems with many disks, I use primarily Verbatim 4x or 16x disks.
    In my PC with a 1693s drive they are about the only disks that will actually burn at 16x [not through the entire disk] even though some disks say 16x

These LiteOn machines are very desirable for many, however sending a warranty card on a WalMart Brand ilo o4 machine to LiteOn or Walmart is like sending it to a tree in the forest. LiteOn will most likely not accept it or toss it in the round file. WalMarts only answer seems [Return it before 90 days]
    Getting one, should be because of the hack and be aware that they will be on there own. Be aware of the sites given and a possable drive replacement
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately it came without warranty card, manual, and remote.

The Mono on RF is not a problem since what I really bought it for was to copy about 200 12" CED disk movies to DYD format before the CED player craters. They are all Mono...I think.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Should not be a problem

I dont care about stero as I don't like it
    My previous post was for info and a reply to [ahhaa] and I agree its a good machine
    Quote Quote