VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    No matter what I do, my PSP always says "No videos"
    what folder do these mp4s go into on the memory stick?
    Nowhere in the docs does it say where they go.

I am using Super to convert the videos to PSP format, H.264 codec and 320x240 resolution.

TIA
    TANSTAAFL
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SUPER tries (in the output directory) to create copies of the directories where the videos will go. For example, videos that go in:
    (Memory Stick root folder)\MP_ROOT\100ANV01\

...may be in (SUPER output folder)\MP_ROOT\100ANV01\ .
    (Or maybe simply (SUPER output folder)\100ANV01\ .)

Likewise, videos that go in (Memory Stick root folder)\MP_ROOT\100MNV01\ may be in
    (SUPER output folder)\MP_ROOT\100MNV01\ (or possibly like above, simply \100MNV01\ .)

Either way, create
    \MP_ROOT\100ANV01\ and
    \MP_ROOT\100MNV01\
    ...on your Memory Stick, if they don't already exist, and move the files to the equivalent directories. (Each of the above directories is for a specific type of PSP MP4 video format, but I don't remember which directory is for what format, offhand. )

As a last resort, if the movies don't play on the PSP when you put them in the equivalent directories on the Memory Stick, try creating a directory named VIDEO in the root directory of the Stick (if it doesn't already have the directory), and moving the videos to that directory.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks,

I figured out last night after I posted that it goes in the other folder, like you suggested. I do appreciate the response, however.

Thanks
    TANSTAAFL
    Quote Quote  
  4. wait all of what you just said right there not working i'm using mp4 format can you help?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What are you using to create the videos? I think the PSP can be picky about MP4s. Also, is your PSP's firmware completely up-to-date?

What folder are you attempting to place the videos in, on the Memory Stick?
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi,

Can you please tell where would i find the videos once i have downloaded them from the internet. I have started using a PSP from today and have not downloaded any firmware etc.I have simply gone on to a site and clicked on a video after which it asked me whether i want to save it, to which i said yes, and then it took me to a location to save the file and i chose "video" as the location and it started downloading. But, after the download was complete and i went to the video folder in my psp, there was nothing.

Where do these videos go. Or do i need some software to download and then save them ? Please help.

Thanks
    Quote Quote