VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First, I would like to thank anyone in advance for their help, and I apologize for my n00bness.

Ok... so here is the situation
    I have two copies of the same movie, the first copy has fantastic video, but the audio is in another language that no-one in my house speaks. The second copy has a terrible picture, but the audio is on point, and in english. What I am looking for is an easy way to pull the audio off the main movie of video one and put it on video two. Are there any programs, or an easyway to do this?

Thanks
    a moose once bit my sister
    Quote Quote  
  2. The movie copies are on DVD I assume?

Setting aside any Copy Protection issues, many applications can read DVD file structures and extract the audio and video portions to separate files. TMPGEnc for example can extract the audio portion of a DVD to a separate file, then TDA can be used to author a new DVD file structure from the good video and the extracted audio. Burn that result and you'll have everything but the original menu(s) and chapters.

But with all the fancy video tools out there I'm sure there will be slicker solutions posted.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What's the file structure? As mentioned, if DVD then simple use of tmpgenc can demux and TDA to 'remux'. Watch for sync issues though!!

If avi, then recommend Vdub to do what you're after.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The movie file structure is DVD, and the movie is a cartoon, so sync should'nt be too hard...I shall try the programs listed.. thanks
    a moose once bit my sister
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It could be as easy as:

Demux 1 to 1v+1a
    Demux 2 to 2v+2a
    Reauthor 3 with 1v+2a
    Burn

But your chances of there being sync problems may be higher than you'd think. Movies done for different languages are sometimes edited differently and so may have different lengths or be out of sync for some or all of the show. Only if the translated foreign version is a late afterthought, and therefore a match to the available final (single version) picture, is the possibility of similarity higher.

Good luck,

Scott
    Quote Quote