VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

I created an MPEG2 using ProCoder2 on a PC (with DVD compatible specifications) but when I try to import it as an asset in DVD Studio Pro 4 I get the error "incompatible format".

Am I wrong in assuming that the fact that it was created on a PC is irrelevant? Isn't an MPEG and MPEG no matter what platform it was created on? I copied it over to my Mac mini through my LAN, so it is now using the Mac file system. It also plays on my Mac in Quicktime.

So, I'm assuming it's the way it was encoded that is somehow incompatible. Here is a screen capture of the specs of the file, obtained using VirtualDub-MPEG2:

The MPEG was encoded in ProCoder2 from a DV AVI file which was transferred via Firewire from my Sony D8 camera. I also tried to encode the original AVI using Compressor, but the file was greyed out and I couldn't select it. Does Compressor not recognize such files? The MPEG2 was greyed out as well.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    could be the audio also. demultiplex to video and audio streams and import them separate.
    Quote Quote