VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. The new 3.0.1.5 is very nice. Earlier i used DVDshrink, but now when DVDfab decrypter makes a mainmovie i dont see why i should read it with DVDshrink and burn it out on DVD-R.

How shall i get the files on a DVD-R, i asume it not so easy as burning them directly with nero?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    After ripping, I use the following programs. You need to use DVDShrink or another program to shrink the video data down to fit on a DVDR which is about 4.34GB when most movies are between 6.5-7.5 GB long.

After DVDFab Decrypter or RipIt4Me

FixVTS - fixes any problems with the ripped DVD data to bring the data into DVD compliance

VOBBlanker, this allows you to put a blank screen in place of any part of the DVD you do not want, such as a making of video or previews of other movies without harming the video buttons.

DVDShrink, this allows you to shrink the rest of the movie to the max size for a DVDR

Nero to burn, you can also use imgburn to burn it.
    Some days it seems as if all I'm doing is rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MegaUser
    How shall i get the files on a DVD-R, i asume it not so easy as burning them directly with nero?
    If it will fit on a dvdr, sure!
    Or what mats said, either way.
    I used to do just the main movie this way years ago, rip with decrypter in movie only mode then burn with nero, but if you rip the whole thing first then open in shrink you will know it's compliant and will fit on a dvdr, not all "Movie only" rips will fit on a single dvdr without being shrunk a little, having extra audio stripped.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Does DVDFabDecrypter do main movie only? I thought only DVDFab did?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54
    Does DVDFabDecrypter do main movie only? I thought only DVDFab did?
    Yep.
    The last 2 updates do.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks for your answer. To me it seems like DVDfab decrypter now in mainmovie makes
    a size as fit into a DVD-R. I tested Spiderman 2 which should be much bigger in original size.

I´ll test your suggestion to burn and will report my results

Thanks to you all!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MegaUser
    Thanks for your answer. To me it seems like DVDfab decrypter now in mainmovie makes
    a size as fit into a DVD-R. I tested Spiderman 2 which should be much bigger in original size.
    DVDfab decrypter does not shrink anything, it only rip's the files off from the dvd to your hard drive.
    Quote Quote