VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all

I've got a Leadtek Winfast PVR 2000.

Let me explain what works and doesn't work.

What works:
    1. I have perfect sound & video - on my PC - when watching live TV and when I plug in my video camera or VCR into the TV card

2. I can record from live TV on my PC (using any program) and it plays back with sound perfectly on 2 different stand-alone players after I burn to DVD.

3. I can record from my VCR or Video Camera and it plays back perfectly when I burn to DVD only on my PC

What does not work:

1. After I burn my recording from a VCR or Video Camera, I have no sound on my stand-alone DVD player even though it plays back with sound on my PC.

-------------
    I thought it may have been codecs, but how come I have no problem playing back on the stand-alone players when I record from Live TV - or when I convert from movies I download over the internet?

If I play the dvd back on my PC, I have sound again.
    I can't figure out what the problem is.
    -------------

Can someone please help?

Also, VirtualDUB does not work for me. If you can help me to get this working with another program, that would be great. I have tried Power Director 5, Roxio, Nero, Winfast PVR program. All the same result.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In general, standalone players need WAV, MP2, or AC3 audio.

What format is the audio that you recorded and tried to play back on the standalone player?
    Quote Quote  
  3. When you record from TV, the audio is decoded from the TV tuner, and goes into your sound track.

When you record from camcorder or VCR, the sound is routed from your line in, thru recording to your sound track.

You maybe hearing the sound while you are recording from camcorder and VCR, but not during that DVD playback on PC. You want to make sure the recording application is using your audio line-in. You also need to make sure the audio track on your DVD is sampled at 48KHz.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply..

I'll play around with the option for "Audio Recording Line"
    At the moment it picks up sound from the "CD Audio" Line when I use a camcorder or VCR.
    I think my sampling rate is 48Khz, but I'll lay around and let you know.

Cheers!
    Quote Quote