VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    i need help to convert real player audio files to mp3 ..which is the BEST software available to convert rm files to mp3 i have already tried switch plus, but i lose sound quality using switch plus . .any other softwares? plz help
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It probably depends on what format the audio is in. Some information about Real Audio: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RealAudio

A few programs that may work: MPlayer, Streambox VCR Suite, ffmpeg. (Or maybe ffmpeggui, which would be easier to use.)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Using any music editing / recording /converting software (try using SPAM ). To get your work done , First play the Real audio files and then record. Now save the recorded file as mp3 format.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can also try dbPowerAmp, but you'll need to visit their Codec Central for the Real codec.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    dbPowerAmp like the previous post (unless things have changed) is real time only. ffmpeg should work for most ra files since cook audio was added to libavcodec some time back. Otherwise there is mencoder. Transcoding lossy to lossy like that you are always going to lose sound quality.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I still use Total Recorder. Haven't tried it since I last exorcised anything 'Real' from my laptop. It intercepts the stream from nearly any player and can usually do it at much less than real time.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If it's intercepting in realtime, how can it do it in LESS than realtime?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by celtic_druid
    dbPowerAmp like the previous post (unless things have changed) is real time only.
    if u pair dbpoweramp with RealAlternative, as suggested from the dbpoweramp site, it will decode very quickly. Dbpoweramp also encodes to mp3, so this would be a one-tool solution. Quality - I dunno, I use it to convert spoken words where Q not important.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kschang
    If it's intercepting in realtime, how can it do it in LESS than realtime?
    When did I say it intercepts the stream in real time? It intercepts the stream before it reaches the sound card and can accelerate recording to as fast as it can be served to Total Recorder. With Audible, for instance, I can re-record an 8 hour book in about an hour. Web based streams can be recorded as fast as the server will stream them. You can also record 'from the soundcard' but that takes place in real time.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps "intercept" is confusing. How about "grap" or "download" or even "ftp." (technically no, but ya get the gist).

I did not know Total Recorder can do that, I'll have to look at it again.
    Quote Quote