VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i'm trying to backup a copy of my 'lock stock' movie but all the above mentioned programs failed... just tried anydvd and that seems to have failed too. shrink encountered 'data error - cyclic redundancy check', dvd2one gets stuck after it has copied around 1.88 Gb and says the files have to be copied onto the hard drive. dvdfab decrypter also gets stuck at around 1.88 gb. and anydvd just took so long i gave up... dvd decrypter just failed again at 1.88 Gb. i cannot understand why this is happening cause the dvd works perfectly fine... any suggestions would really help..

thanks

deSaad
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try RipIt4Me
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do a search for 'cyclic redundancy check' it's come up on here 100's of times.
    He's a liar and a murderer, and I say that with all due respect.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Your dvd reader sees and chokes on the scartches that your dvd player can handled.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @ steveryan

i did, i went through most of the posts i could find, thats why i tried anydvd and dvd fab decrypter...

@singsing

the dvd is almost devoid of any scratches
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    almost being the operative word. If RipIt4Me fails to beat it, then scratches would be the next most likely culprit. All it takes is a scratch in the wrong place.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If the disc is scratched, you'll need to clean it. Sometimes, even that won't work.

I've had luck using a different drive to read with: In particular, I have an ancient (now - 4 years old) Panasonic that reads well; better than any other. I keep it in an external enclosure just for tough discs.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote