VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to convert few dvds i own to xvid, to keep them on my media center pc for quick access.

problem is that some of them have audio sync problem, how can either avoid it or fix it?

please help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Which software are you using to convert?
    He's a liar and a murderer, and I say that with all due respect.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i tried Auto Gordian Knot 2.32

First i ripped with anydvd 6.0.6.1 and dvd shrink

then i tried same dvd with ripit4me
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Audio sync issues can be caused by a number of problems and depending on the type of sync error will depend on how easy it is to fix.

Firstly I'll explain gradual audio sync out, it is caused by dropped frames consequently the video with less frames runs shorter then the audio. For this reason you can varify if this is the cause by comparing the Duration of video and audio.... But

If it is a constant out of sync issue it is your frame rate, pal is 25fps straight forward and no mess, however ntsc is stored at 23.976 and plays back at 29.97 by adding frames.

If you edit these files they sometimes lose the ability to playback at the right frame rate therefore audio goes out of sync.

The difficault (but sure) way to do it is to copy the dvd to your HDD and open each vob in Vdubmod where you can confirm audio sync or ajust frame rate. Convert each vob to xvid then append them together in vdubmod again..

I hope at least this explination helps you..
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok, i got it to work.

I had to demux the vob files by VOD ID #2. then convert ac3 files to wav.

combine the video and audio into MPEG2 file. lastly convert with auto gordian knot, and no more sync problem

strange thing is, neither ripit4me, dvd decryptor, or anydvd detected any ripguard
    Quote Quote