VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I used to use DVD shrink to shrink then burn my DVDs (with Nero integrated) but a couple of weeks ago I would get an error where it would shrink the files perfectly fine but never burn past 3%. Does anyone know why this would be? I defragged my HD and switched media but that hasn't helped.

Also, since my past method has failed, I have been trying new ways. When I use DVD Decrypter the files come out too big, and when I use Clone DVD the quality isn't that good. What would be the best method. I was thinking of using DVD Shrink to compress the files, but then what is a good program to burn them onto a DVD +-R? When I tried burning the shrinked files with Clone, it says it doesn't support those file types (Audio TS/Video TS). Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Shrink with DVD Shrink and output an ISO and burn it with Imgburn or DVDDecrypter.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use ImgBurn now for Shrink burns. ImgBurn 2 works also: http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=63869

But I don't know why the files would come out too big with Decrypter unless they were too big in the first place. If you use the method above, you can also reinstall Shrink, which may help fix the problem.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Burning with ImgBurn is fine, BUT...
    unless you are using PgcEdit to ensure that your ISOs have 32k gap blocks between IFOs and BUPs, you may have problems in the future with what you are burning. Please take a look at
    http://www.digital-digest.com/~blutach/pgcedit_guide/burning_with_pgcedit/burning_with...pgcedit_v2.htm
    and scroll down the section called Technical Information Regarding
    32K Gaps to see why this is important. This applies to ANYTHING you make with DVDShrink.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All right, thanks for the info. I'll try it that way.

Does anyone know why I was having the problem/is it common?

Thanks for the welcome!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, I am still having a problem. How do I set DVD Shrink to create ISO files instead of what it normally creates (which won't be burnt onto a disc by ImgBurn)? Whenever I try to burn the files that DVD Decrypter turns into ISOs for me, they come out way too big (8gigs as compared to the 4 gig version that DVD Shrink gives me) Can DVD Shrink give me an ISO that will fit onto one disc?

This is really frustrating.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh dear! DVDDecrypter does 1:1 rips - if the DVD you rip is 8 GB, the rip will be 8 GB
    DVDShrink shrinks to whatever you tell it to (4.37 GB by default - snug fit for one DVD5)
    Every time you hit that Backup button in DVDShrink, you get the option to Select Backup Target, where you essentially can: Burn with Nero, create ISO, create ISO and burn with DVDDecrypter, or output to DVD folders.

/Mats
    Quote Quote