VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i need help on getting an audio to my mpeg.. i encode it to mpeg.. it was avi to mpeg...i used tmpgenc puls 2.5 it just didn't burn my audio..i can't remember what that audio program was saying i reboot my cpu....so i need help on getting my avi movie to a mpeg format (only the audio)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What format of audio did you convert from and to? If you are planning on making a DVD from the MPEG, then you would need AC3, MPEG-1, Layer2 or PCM audio. For just MPEGs, one of those would also be a good choice.

You can also process your audio separate from the video and mux it (Combine it back) the video after encoding. TMPGEnc usually creates MPEG-1, Layer2 audio. For DVD specifications, look to the upper left for 'WHAT IS' DVD. <<<<<< Or if you are creating a DVD, your authoring program may let you add it then.

You could also drop the before and after video into Gspot 2.60 and see what it says about it. The audio might be there and you can't play it or TMPGEnc may have not encoded it. Did you set TMPGEnc to encode both the audio and video, not just video only?

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    its a avi (mp3 audio) and i want to encode it to dvd which i did....i try the video and the audio one but the audio just didn't work so i was left with the movie only...i try converting it to a
    (AC-3) which i think is the right format...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It looks like you are dealing with a VBR mp3 audio. Tmpgenc wont get you any audio from this. Do as redwudz said. Load avi into VirtualDubMod and save wav for the audio. Afterwards convert this wav into mp2 or ac3 (Ffmpegui does it well). Finally set your .m2v file as video source and your .mp2 or .ac3 as audio source in your authoring app.

Regards
    They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety. (Benjamin Franklin).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes....thats the program i been looking for all this time....thxs so much.....
    Quote Quote