VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hey folks.
    last time you helped me so much, now my next try:
    im searching for a capturing card with whom im able to record NTSC vhs-tapes with my personal computer. its called digitalizing, right?
    ok, the problem is that im living in germany and thats why i cant buy a card here, because of the different framerate an that stuff.
    what can i do now as a cheap solution?? im a student and so im extremely poor.

tnx for answering
    pasacl
    Quote Quote  
  2. can i order a us version of the winTV-pvr?
    pascl
    Quote Quote  
  3. mhh ... i hoped you can help me out.
    so far so good, but is there anyone how have experiences with ntsc movies on german pal video cards?
    nice to read from u
    ciao, pascl
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi,
    today i received a answer from hauppauge, relating on NTSC-Capturing with WinTV-PVR (PAL), because i have some Movies on NTSC-Laserdisc:

>Hallo,
    >
    >der Tuner der Wintv PVR ist nicht NTSC tauglich. Sie >können nur ein Original NTSC Gerät an den Video Eingang >der TV-Karte anschließen.
    >
    >Unsere WinTV Karten mit Pal B/G Tuner können nur das 50Hz >Pal-Signal verarbeiten. Multinormvideogeräte hingegen >erzeugen aus einem NTSC-Signal ein Pseudo-Pal mit 60Hz. >Dieses Signal kann daher nicht korrekt wiedergegeben >werden.
    >
    >Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    >
    >Marcus Füßer
    >Hauppauge Computer Works
    >(Tech. Support)

So i think it should be possible to capture from NTSC-Tapes, but you cannot use the Tuner to watch NTSC-Program.

Ciao
    Quote Quote