VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Presidian PDR-3222 [Radioshack] (same as the LiteOn 1105) and have been recording "The Office", and wanted to remove the commercials as I save them for later playback. I am trying to use freewhere when possible--except I have Womble MPEG Video Wizard.

Here is my workflow: Rip from DVD-RW via DVD Decrypter (which claims CPRM protection system, whatever that is), and then cleanup with fixVTS. Lately, I'm using RipIt4Me, which basically does the same thing a little more efficiently, from what I can tell. Somehow, DVD Decrypter will make a 9 GB of files in the folder (although it's a single layer 4.3 GB DVD-RW), until fixVTS reduces some file sizes, and RipIt4Me avoids this problem.

Then, some VOBs won't play right in Womble Mpeg Video Wizard, (although some go just fine), so I used VOB2MPG which creates one large MPEG, and that seems to work fine. I can then remove the commercials, and save to a new MPEG file.

Any comments? I know it's a "cheapo" DVD recorder, and not the most popular (I saw almost no posts on it within these forums). It's also a multi-step process that takes a while to execute. Also, many thanks to the many people contributing here, and great programs review information posted--that Tools section is invaluable!

Tim
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could save a few steps and use mpg2cut2. Rip with dvddecrypter and then open with mpg2cut2. It will let you cut out the commercials and save as a mpg for immediate authoring.

Might be a little simpler.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote