VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab Video Downloader and rip Netflix video! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a DVD box set that I ripped to my computer. I'd like to start putting some episodes on my iPod to watch on the go. I've tried the ImTOO programs and Videora. I also tried WinAVI MP4 converter. Someone told me to try Nero Recode so I downloaded a trial.

The problem is that after the video is converted it cuts off the first 5-10 minutes of the episode.

This is what I'm doing (I think it's right):

Recode DVDs and Videos to Nero Digital
    Import Files >> Title 1
    (If I hit play. It plays the entire thing)
    Set digital profile to "mobile"
    Tell it to pass twice
    Then "burn"

Am I doing anything wrong? Should I be using another program instead?

Thanks a lot,
    Matt
    Quote Quote  
  2. SleepJunkie, I've had this same problem and I THINK I've found a way around this, at least on my system. Here's what I do:

o Disable ALL unneccessary programs running in the background, including anti-virus, firewalls, etc. The computer I do my recoding on is on dialup, so these disablings don't leave me vulnerable.

o Do NOT access Recode via StartSmart. Access it directly.

o Do a 2-pass encoding.

o Turn OFF the monitor. This makes no sense to me, but seems to be the final piece of the puzzle--on my system. I've wondered if somehow the Energy Star features of the monitor and the BIOS implementation of monitor shutdown/sleep status might not be a culprit.

If I do ALL of these, I avoid the problem you describe. I usually set up Recode for auto-shutdown, start the process, and go to bed and let my PC chug away to success.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
    Quote Quote