XMedia Recode
    Handbrake
    Any Video Converter Free

Trialware:
    DVDFab
    Winavi Video Converter
    Total Video Converter
    River Past Video Cleaner
    ConvertXtoDVD (only to DVD but best for that!)

See also
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/all-in-one-video-converters
    I've been using Dvdflick to convert when I want to include subtitles.
    It has worked fine until recently.
    I am converting an Mp4 file ( 800mb) and it has now taken 17 hours and counting.

Any ideas as to why?

Thanks,
    Paul
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try avstodvd instead. DVD Flick has not been updater for a long time now.
    Quote Quote  
  3. WellBeSerious12 WellBeSerious12's Avatar
    Search PM
    Also, there's another video converter to add: (Digiarty) WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe. Just like Xilisoft, it supports a TON of formats. But also, it has the ability to "sync" any video or audio out of place by selecting "Sync Audio/Video" at the bottom of the window after selecting your format. Great tool! Now I wish it supported 3D! Forgot to mention, WinX is $10 cheaper than Xilisoft!

http://www.winxdvd.com/hd-video-converter-deluxe/

Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Would anyone know of video conversion software that is able to maintain the original frame rate?

I need to convert from AVI with CRAM codec to AVI with MJPEG codec. And I need to maintain my odd frame rates (i.e. 11.785 fps).

SUPER does what I need, except that I can’t input frame rates with decimals. If I use 11 or 12 fps, frames are deleted/added, which distorts further use of the files.

Description of my original files:
    Format : AVI
    Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
    File size : 53.2 MiB
    Duration : 20s 195ms
    Overall bit rate : 22.1 Mbps

Video
    ID : 0
    Format : MS Video
    Codec ID : CRAM
    Codec ID/Info : Microsoft Video 1
    Duration : 20s 195ms
    Bit rate : 22.1 Mbps
    Width : 800 pixels
    Height : 600 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4:3
    Frame rate : 11.785 fps
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 3.902
    Stream size : 53.1 MiB (100%)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try , Total Video Converter

Or

Ojosoft Total Video Converter 2.7.5.0412
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi Kamal,

Any Freeware that it wi;; do same thing as TVC 3.11?

BTW, where in the world did you find 3.11 Version ... since latest is 3.71?

Thanks,

G!
    Quote Quote  
  7. hi gonwk,

bro i am using this version, i.e. 3.11

i am not aware of version 3.71

So if the version 3.71 is in the market , then go for it ,

Obviously it is good to get the latest version
    Quote Quote  
  8. PSCO2007
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kamaldeepdung View Post
    Your link goes to version 3.71

Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Psco2007 View Post
    Originally Posted by kamaldeepdung View Post
    Your link goes to version 3.71
    Bro i have nt given any link ya this videohelp site is really really very good, when i recommended one software name, it automatically created the link of the latest version of that software , which is recommended by me.

and bro i think i am here to get knowledge and help from you guys , and help you guys what ever i know.

Thats the reason why this forum has been created.

I am not here to get in to any argument
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mamoltub View Post
    Would anyone know of video conversion software that is able to maintain the original frame rate?
    Thanks for your help, everyone!

A note for future reference: Total Video Converter has a checkbox for maintaining original frame rate. However, with this box checked, TVC will round off the frame rate: My 15.355 fps was rounded to 15 fps. Unchecking the box and inputting 15.355 as custom frame rate, I was able to maintain the exact original frame rate.
    Quote Quote  
  11. ya its a great function in TVC
    Quote Quote  
  12. I have some .MP4 files that my DVP-5990 will not play from the USB drive.
    Apparently they use codecs that are not supported by the player (it only supports Dixv/Xvid & MP3).

Please recommend a program that will batch convert those files while keeping all the parameters (like frame rate, etc.) unchanged?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    by experience, I do NOT recommend the free software Super, for a very high size, you will have bad quality video and sounds, i recommend: AutoGK, VirtualDub, Fairuse.
    it's by experience that I know that and by having searching hours and hours on the net...
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    Heres some tricks:
    I recommand you to use as video compression codec Xvid, in its settings don't check the option "Global Motion Compensation" who is supported by very few dvd-players, use H.263 as quantatization type and encode the audio into MPEG Layer-3 (MP3) 128 kbps, that's the best deal to keep good sound quality, if you need more help, I'll be glad to help you further by mail.
    Good luck!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hi!
    Is there anything that has an avidemux like interface and functionality. But it should work more often than not, which is not the case with avidemux.

I only wanted to do simple tasks like cutting a portion of the movie and remuxing or converting to h264. But it tends to fail at anything I want to do. Producing broken files, showing frames erroneusly or just plain crashing.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Cutting video is not that simple...but you can try solveigm avi trimmer or free video dub or video to video converter(under tools).
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Staxrip and think it's a really good program.......when you first figure out how to do the settings
    Mostly I use it for divx (with AC3 sound) and mp4 (with AAC sound).

And you can choose whether to use softcoded or hardcoded subtitles.

You can adjust the height and width to what you want it to be. Not to mention that you also can adjust the quality of the sound (in bitrates).
    Last edited by brusno; 18th Feb 2013 at 12:34.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    I have used Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate to convert between video file formats, but only a few times so far. Not enough info yet for me to add a review to the Tools section. If I had to rush one now, I'd probably have to say the results are rather variable, depending on a conversion from what to what, and the PQ of the source. In some cases the result was acceptable, in others there was a clear quality degradation. And "seekability" (FF or Rew, at least as played from the WD Live) may be affected.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  19. AVS Video Converter will also allow you to keep original frame rate, though I have not used the option yet so I am not sure weather it rounds off as described above or if it keeps the true original.
    Quote Quote  
  20. ffmpeg supports most formats. And if you're not intimidated by it, but often find it cumbersome to use, this might help.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by tugshank View Post
    ffmpeg supports most formats. And if you're not intimidated by it, but often find it cumbersome to use, this might help.
    Yes. It can be cumbersome, but I also always ran into bugs, even though I only wanted to do pedestrian things like converting screencast footage.
    e.g.:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=159381
    http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1629422&postcount=57
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    Originally Posted by tugshank View Post
    ffmpeg supports most formats. And if you're not intimidated by it, but often find it cumbersome to use, this might help.
    Yes. It can be cumbersome, but I also always ran into bugs, even though I only wanted to do pedestrian things like converting screencast footage.
    e.g.:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=159381
    http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1629422&postcount=57
    I'm afraid I know absolutely nothing about rtmp or x11, etc. Heck, I'm not even tempted to transcode my old ModPlug tracker files with ffmpeg. *LOL*
    Quote Quote  
  23. ...C O P Y L E F T JohnnyBob's Avatar
    Search PM
    I just received notice of a reply by rakicko, but came here and there is nothing. What happened?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Most likely a spambot, and the post has been removed. rakicko's been banned, at any rate.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, please if anyone knows well how to compress a video in a minimum loss of original quality or else so you don't notice the loss of quality, please contact me by pm, it's important.

it would be very generous of you.
    Quote Quote  
  26. I want to convert gfp video file to MP4 . I tried all popular video convertors but all are not supporting gfp file extension . Help me please
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by driceman View Post
    I want to convert gfp video file to MP4 . I tried all popular video convertors but all are not supporting gfp file extension . Help me please
    GFP, as in Greenforce-player? The file is encrypted.About the only way I can think of to convert it is to record it with a screen recorder.
    MKV: Merely Krappy Video.

Subbers, a request from an avid viewer: Either don't use mkv, or supply avi or mp4 as an alternative.

For those frustrated with converting MKV: http://www.immortalmusic.net/mkv/
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need to convert Lagarith 24fps to MP4 and to DVD. Can anyone help?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    @ timsky:

MP4 and DVD Video are container formats. Lagarith is a content format. You cannot convert content to container... at least not without knowing the content format(s) they may contain.

Lagarith is an OpenSource codec, so it should be quite probable that ffmpeg supports it, and also native AviSynth decoder plugins like FFMS2 and L-SMASH Works; but you may as well install their VfW codec and use AviSource in AviSynth.

Then you can use encoders which can use AviSynth scripts as input to create the content formats supported inside the MP4 container (e.g. MPEG-4 AVC ~ H.264, using x264) and the DVD Video media structure (MPEG-2, using e.g. HC encoder). 24.0 fps may not be directly supported on DVD Video, but 23.976 fps can be encoded to soft-telecine flagged NTSC-Film content with 720x480 pixels, with an aspect ratio flagged as either 4:3 or 16:9 DAR, to be DVD compatible.
    __

@ Shilar:

Almost the same remark to your signature. MKV is only a container, not a video compression algorithm. If you don't like the quality of the contained videos you received from anywhere, blame the people who converted the content, but not those who developed the container. In contrast, the AVI container was specified before B frames were even widely usual; this is a container format to abandon already.
    __

@ moderators:

I believe that "Hybrid" by Selur should be mentioned here too, as a mainly ffmpeg based converter, but with several additional features, like separate encoders and possible AviSynth/VapourSynth support.
    Quote Quote