VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I was wondering if you can split a digital coaxial signal out to 6 channels without a digital amp????

I'm thinking of moving my projector down to the basement so I don't have to hassle with the screen all the time. But I don't necessarilty want to move my sony digital amp downstairs (its not a finished basement so its not exactly well suited for long duration usage for home theater).

I have a pc 5.1 speaker system. Its the analog Logitech x530 series. It has the usual three plug hook up for center, sub, front and rear hook up. Can I adapt something to use this without an external amp????
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    no
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    no..think about what you are asking..if you could do DAC without needing a DAC.....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok.....

Guess I thought I'd ask for the impossible........
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Your x530 comes with amplifiers for all the 5.1 channels, you just need line level signal input.

The easiest things to do is to plug the DVD player($30) or VCR($50) stereo output into the video game adapter come with x530.

The alternative is to buy a DVD players already have 6 RCA output. There are quite a few of them likes model from pioneer, or even memorex model sold at Target at about $120.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Most of these only do AC3, but still require digital for DTS.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. How good is this x530 ? Does it really rock ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313
    Ok.....

Guess I thought I'd ask for the impossible........
    Nothing is impossible!

If there is a will, there is a way. So, keep asking for the seemingly out-of-this-world things. Somewhere, someone will figure out how to do them.

Who would imagine, just 20 years ago, that one day music lovers would be able to listen to multiple-month music, without interruption, without repitition? Today a +100-GB hard drive will do that and the audio files are of high quality, i.e. 320 kbps. And the cost of the drive is less than the price of a walkman 20 years ago!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It is quite simple - all you need is an in-line AC3/DTS decoder and amplifier the size of a matchbox.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by singsing
    The easiest things to do is to plug the DVD player($30) or VCR($50) stereo output into the video game adapter come with x530.
    What does that look like?????
    Quote Quote  
  11. This is from the pdf on logitech web site :

Note : This may not provides sound on rear channels with stereo input. If that's is the case, you can try a DVD player with "simulated" surround.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks singsing. I don't think I got that adapter with my set!! And I bought it new at Compusa!!!!

By the way - the speakers are really good. Nice bass. Though the rear speakers are a little soft for movies but rock in video games

EDIT - I FOUND IT!

Those rascals put it under the whole packaging of the box. Good thing I save my boxes for at least a year. I never would have looked for it.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by yoda313
    I don't think I got that adapter with my set!! The speakers are really good. Nice bass. Though the rear speakers are a little soft for movies but rock in video games
    EDIT - I FOUND IT! Those rascals put it under the whole packaging of the box.
    How's the outcome for the surround sound for your large screen setup ?
    Quote Quote