VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Ive used VirtualDub to make AVIs with Lame MP3 as the audio compressor , I went to use it the other day and Lame MP3 had disappeared from the audio compressors list . For the life of me , I can`t remember what I installed to get it there , Im guessing the ACM version , reinstallng that though hasnt put it back in the list . Does anyone have any ideas on this please ?

I am thankful to anyone giving any time to this at all . Mods - As this is audio but within a video program , Im posting it in the audio section , my apologies if its in the wrong section .
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    did you install it like http://users.tpg.com.au/mtam/install_lame.htm ? and what version did you use?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes , right-click Install , Ive also checked with a filter manager and its not on there either . Thanks Baldrick . The VDub does have an entry for "MPEG Layer 3" which gives about a dozen options and "MPEG Audio Layer3" which gives none unless Show All Formats is shown - Im sure both of these were present before as well as Lame .

Installed version - 3.96.1 from https://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=Lame_MP3
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry re-read my last post , saying thanks made it look like its working but its not - Lames still not showing as an encoding option in vdub
    Quote Quote  
  5. You need to verify that it is installed and enabled:

1. Go to the control panel and open "Sounds and Audio Devices".
    2. Click on the hardware tab.
    3. Double click on the "Audio Codecs" and click on the "Properties" tab.
    4. Do you see the Lame ACM MP3 Codec? If not, try reinstalling it.
    5. If so, double click on it and check to see if it is enable (radio button "Use this audio codec")
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    After all these years of video work and er.. everything working fine like codecs , I`d never seen the options to Enable/Disable codecs , luck I suppose . But anyway , thank you very much Jantxn , it worked perefctly , only thing I dont know is why it got disabled (puts to the back of his head and thinks "bugger it , its working again ) , thanks again )
    Quote Quote  
  7. You are most welcome....

It happened to me a while back and I am not sure why either. I suspect a media player/competing codec may be responsible. Anyway, you know were to check now! You will also note that this is were you can change some of the default options (depending on what the author of the codec allows).
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I cant seem to find this option on Windows 10
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jantxn View Post
    You need to verify that it is installed and enabled:

1. Go to the control panel and open "Sounds and Audio Devices".
    2. Click on the hardware tab.
    3. Double click on the "Audio Codecs" and click on the "Properties" tab.
    4. Do you see the Lame ACM MP3 Codec? If not, try reinstalling it.
    5. If so, double click on it and check to see if it is enable (radio button "Use this audio codec")
    Do you know where I can find this on Windows 10?
    Quote Quote  
  10. you must install ACM codec - not all lame distribution have acm mp3 codec http://www.rarewares.org/mp3-lame-dshow-acm.php
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    you must install ACM codec - not all lame distribution have acm mp3 codec http://www.rarewares.org/mp3-lame-dshow-acm.php
    thanks
    Quote Quote