VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Evening everyone

Baldrick and company,

A *new* VideoHelp Challenge idea!!

Inspired by this topic:
    --> Have you purchased a downloadable video or movie online?

- I had an idea that came to me while I was reading and writing to the topic
    above.

1 - How about we have a Super Duper Quality Video Challenge (SDQVC) contest, where
    .. .. we show off our prised method/processed/encoded videos.
    2 - we use a standardized (set) of template videos set forth by the consortium, to encode
    3 - and where we have the option to encode to the following: VC1/AVC; H.264; Xvid; MPEG;
    4 - and the content.. ie, cartoon; normal video; ect. will have to be worked out.

Here's some acrynums to consider:
    Super Duper Quality Video Challenge -- (SDQVC)
    VideoHelp Quality Video Challenge -- (VHQVC)

I am sure that other things can be considered or added to this request, not to
    mention other members joining in with suggestions, etc. etc.

please consider thinking about this as our next (or add'l) video challenge, since it
    is a *VERY* long and over due for vcdhelp fans, where a great many (especially,
    us old-timers) have been waiting for something like this to happen here on VH

-vhelp 4096
    Quote Quote  
  2. What's the criteria? Highest quality? Just encode with any of the codecs with constant quantizer 1. Contest over.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I can see copyright being problemo numero uno.....

Unless we all use public acess cable channels as our source

THough it would be interesting vhelp. But also what about hosting??? I don't know if even Baldrick has enough bandwidth for mega videos.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by yoda313
    I can see copyright being problemo numero uno.....

Unless we all use public acess cable channels as our source

THough it would be interesting vhelp. But also what about hosting??? I don't know if even Baldrick has enough bandwidth for mega videos.
    I read 2 to mean that the source video is provided so everyone starts from the same point. If this is correct, then copyright would not be an issue.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I read this as a two part challenge - filter/restoration, followed by encoding. In that case, the template video (s) only needs to 5 minutes or so in length, which should keep the size down. Part of the challenge could be a maximum file size limit as well, which would add to the encoding skills.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. nice idea. Maybe ask yoda for this to be a front page poll?
    Quote Quote