VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an AOpen DUW1616/ARR burner, it works fine on everything, except DVD+R DL. I can't get it to successfully burn a Dual layer DVD no matter what I try. I have the newest firmware installed (1.03) and have tried several different tools and two media brands. My first attempts were with Memorex (mistake, I know) then I bought Verbatim DVD's, only to get the same result. I have tried Nero, DVD Decrypter/IMG Burn and CloneDVD, all give the same result. The burning begins, and everything seems to be working fine, then when it reaches about 50%, it fails. I believe it has something to do with the transition between layers, but I'm not sure. If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Three days and not one reply. Surely someone has something to share.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Someone please help. I also have the exact same problem with this particular dvd burner. Mine is a Comstar dvd burner, it bought from Best Buy and on the hardware on the sticker it is name is AOPEN DUW1616/ARR. I also upgraded the firmware. I have tried Philips DVD+R the dual layer one and Memorex they fail at 50 percent. I was able to burn it once using slow speed like 4x using Nero back up, but at the end during the data verification it failed to read about 100 pictures.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you turning off all programs running in the background when burning dvd media? It could be your burner just doesn't burn DL media well or your AOpen DUW1616 drive is dying a slow death.

According to CdFreaks.com the AOpen DUW1616 drive isn't the best drive to burn dvd media. My suggestion is to buy a new drive if you wanna continue burning dvd media especially DVD+R DUAL LAYER media. DVD Burners are cheap these days. Buy a PIONEER 115 or 116.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AOpen DUW1616/ARR burner is what i have also but for some reason it doesnt read DVD type disks, only CDs

anyone have any suggestions?
    Quote Quote