VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Still getting audio sync problems when capturing transport streams and encoding them XViD.

Using a Fusion RT HDTV card (previously had a MyHD MDP-100) and HDTV2MPEG2 to edit out the commercials with and AutoGK to finish the project. Some XViD files are fine, others can be out of sync by 1/2 to a full second.

Not sure exactly what the problem is, ive tried various different methods. The most recent one being to encode the .TS file to MPEG2 and edit it using VideoRedo. The exported MPEG2 file becomes even more out of sync than using HDTV2MPEG2.

Is it the cut points? I know you have to insert the cut points before you go out to commercial and after you come back. Should it be a full second or can it be done at the exact frame?

Has anyone experienced this problem before and was able to resolve it? The software im using is all up to date, this is being processed on a fresh install of Win2k using only the basic setup (SP4, minimum critical updates, IE6.1, Dot Net Framework 1.1, Defiler Pak and media player classic).
    Quote Quote  
  2. Could it be the media player? Im not playing it back from begining to end, just jumping to towards the end of a clip in Media Player Classic and in XBMC.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    elister - Do you live in the USA? Do you get HD through a cable box? If the answer to both is yes, take a look at:
    http://hdjunkie.com/tutorials.html
    for a way to record directly from a cable box to a PC via a firewire cable. Doing this vastly improved the quality of my captures and reduced my problems with dropped frames significantly.

VideoReDo can intelligently deal with sync problems, but you have to go into the settings box and tweak some stuff where you tell it repeat a frame or add silence to deal with dropped frames. VideoReDo was the ONLY application I used with HD TS captures that kept the audio in sync. I had problems with everything else I tried, which is why I bought VideoReDo. Even my much loved MPEGVCR had sync issues with HD captures.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you.

Right now im using a Fusion HDTV card connected to cableTV (QAM channels). I plan to buy a firewire cable next payday and try capturing from the DVR. I'll take a look at my videoredo settings.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jman98
    VideoReDo can intelligently deal with sync problems, but you have to go into the settings box and tweak some stuff where you tell it repeat a frame or add silence to deal with dropped frames.
    Wholy crap man, that worked!!!

In the Stream Parameters, I selected 'Detect Resync Missing Frames' and changed it to 'Resync - Insert Extra Frames' and it appears to be working fine now.

Thank you very very much!!!!
    Quote Quote