VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using Convertx2dvd to convert episodes and burn them to a Dvd. I alway get some audio out-of-sync with at least one or two of the episodes per dvd. They play great when watched on my pc but once I convert them and burn them I have the problem....Is there a better program out there that can convert numerous avi's so they can be burned onto a dvd? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    There are better tools, but not another all-in-one converter I can think of at the moment that is as easy as ConvertXToDVD for what you are doing and does a fair job of conversion.

The better way is to use the individual tools like standalone encoders and authoring programs. TMPGEnc encoder and TDA are two I use. TDA doesn't do subtitles, though, if you need them.

ConvertXToDVD doesn't usually have sync problems. What format was the audio in before conversion? If the videos had MP3 VBR audio, that might explain the problem. Most encoders have problems with it. The other possibility may be a corrupted video or audio in the original files. This doesn't always show up in a software player. If you still have one of the problem (AVIs, I'm guessing) videos drop it into VirtualDub or VD Mod and check for bad frames or VBR.

If you have none of these problems, then try some different programs. If you look to the left in 'Tools' you will see some other converters, along with encoders and authoring programs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    or you could try some other new all-in-one tool like favc.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks....I am going to go try it right now....
    Quote Quote