VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I have the whole session of Lost and I like to backup them. Its 4 disk where each contains about 3:30 hours. I’m using DVD Decrypter and DVDShrink to fit it to DVDR but I got problem.

I tried to copy and shrink each one of the 4 dicks and they all behave the same. DVDShrink always complaining that it failed to open the ifo file.

I’ve come the conclusion that it all about the unique stricture of the DVD. when copying the DVD to the hard drive using DVD Decrypter the log say this :

W 08:34:05 Possible Structure Protection Found!
    W 08:34:05 10 areas have been marked as 'suspect'.
    W 08:34:05 Dummy sectors will be inserted where necessary.

Again it’s the same for all the 4 disks. its copy it completely.

Now when trying to play this DVD from my hard drive it plays with no problem. I tried to re-author it with DVD-Lab but I don’t know how.i dont know how to manage all those vob files.

Any thoughts will be welcome
    Thanks
    Shay
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you start by posting in the right forum (DVD to DVD-R) you would see a big stickie at the top that has the answers you seek.

To make it easy for you, here it is : https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=283172
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    samifox,

The short, simple answer is to download a copy of RipIt4Me and use that to rip your original disks. While you're at the RipIt4Me site, and still online, go to the "Guide" page, scroll down to where you see the big "FixVTS" logo, and download that too. Save a copy of the guide to your hard drive for offline reference. Then just follow the guide. DvdShrink will work correctly when you're done.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. i got ripit4me but when it got to the final stage in dvd shrink about 60% i get blue screen with error and than my pc restarts. i can read what writen cuz its too fast. it happaned with all the disks with different presentage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Bluescreens usually are a result of driver issues or device issues. Encoding on it's own (or transcoding, in Shrink's case) won't cause a bluescreen, however it will work your system pretty hard, and might cause it to overheat. Try taking the cover off and transcoding again to see if it fails.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This sounds like a computer overheat problem. Check the CPU fan/heat sink for dust and stuff. Use some CPU temperature app to monitor it. Are you overclocking?
    <edit>Bah, guns1inger beat me to it! </edit>
    /Mats
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok actually my pc is full of dust inside.i planed to clean it and now is the perfect time.im not overclocking.what software i can use the chack my cpu?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks Mate. thanks guys. i remove the cover of the pc and turn on the air conditioner in my room the encoding was completed. thanks again
    Quote Quote