VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there...
    Two weeks ago I tried to convert my DVDs into VCDs using Imtoo DVD Ripper for it allowed me to convert with the subtitles that I wanted so when I came to Nero 7 and chose make VCD to copy the files to CD , it requires encoding and took a very very long time to encode and I don't have much time for I have to convert 1200 dvds..

So what can I do to avoid encoding in Nero 7 or do I have to change the Conversion software?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

CAESAR
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use VCDEasy for VCD authoring. Last free version is plenty good, or buy latest ver for the extras it includes. Nero has never been any good for VCD creation, regularly reencodes perfectly compliant sources without telling you, and creates not 100% compatible discs. Avoid.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No matter what software you use... there is alot of compression / recoding involved in converting DVD to VCD. It's going to take awhile... even on a very fast computer.

Why are you converting DVD to VCD??? With the price of DVD burners / media being so low now... just seems... like a bad idea... The quality of VCD sucks and will look HORRIBLE on the newest generation of video equipment... DVD to DVD-R is much quicker and the original quality can often be retained if you copy the movie only (no menus, ads, etc...). Or you can even use dual-layer disks for an exact copy.
    Quote Quote